DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone icon

mavic53

Reactions
The drone icon is missing from my phone screen of the DJI app. Is there an enable button I need to press?

Thanks for replying . I have an Android phone. I have reloaded the Drone software and re downloaded the DJI GO 4 App but still the icon is not there. I will attempt to contact the DJI support here in the UK.

Grateful for the replies. DJI phone person said check compatibility with phone. My samsung Galaxy A3 is not listed. I shall try tomorrow with a Samsung Note 3 which is on the list and a Galaxy Mega which is not. I will report back.

The GALAXY MEGA DOES NOT WORK . Hopefully the Galaxy Note 4 which is on the list will solve the missing icon problem. First video here

We still have no idea of what "missing icon" you're talking about, it's extremely unlikely to be related to the phone type but more to a setting.

Apologies for bad explanation. Maybe I was looking at an old version tutorial. In such tutorials in order to access the other preset modes the explanation said click on the drone icon which was underneath the take off and RTH icons on the left of the screen. It was like looking directly overhead a drone showing 4 small circles It is this icon I was looking for. I have just tried connecting the phone only without controller. When I do so now underneath the two icons for take off and RTH on the left I get a small icon like a controller. When I click on this in non controller mode i.e just connecting wifi with the drone I do get the other preset modes like tapa fly etc. I have tried two phones and both show this small controller icon when connected non controller wise. When I switch back to the controller i.e. connecting GO 4 app to the controller. Initially whilst the Mavic is switched off in controller mode I can see the small controller icon under the take off and RTH icons. However when I switch on the Mavic and it connects ready to fly and with the camera showing me a picture the small controller icon disappears. I obviously must have something switched off in the menu somewhere.

That is something I definitely need to look at the app enabling. What I have found is that in attempting to put the Drone back to the setting when I got it . I have gone through the setting and set everything at default. Except the China map caching which I presume will make no difference. I clearly remembered that also the drone was set to beginner mode. Oddly when I set it to beginner the small controller icon appears and I can enter tapafly
tripod etc modes. When I turn off beginner mode however the controller icon disappears . It is a switch setting I have wrong somewhere.

What "drone icon"? Have you enabled multiple flight modes?
After reading through all the excellent answers I pondered on your reply. I just switched off multiple flight modes and all is well. I knew it was finger trouble. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag