DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone insurance in Italy from USA

RCFlyer

Reactions
This question has been asked before but buried in other posts. Can anybody suggest where to get drone liability insurance for a month for Italy (and Switzerland)? I looked at coverdrone but it doesn't cover US citizens.

This question has been asked before but buried in other posts. Can anybody suggest where to get drone liability insurance for a month for Italy (and Switzerland)? I looked at coverdrone but it doesn't cover US citizens.
I would contact State Farm and see if they don't offer a policy just for your drone. Its called a Personal Article Policy and could cover just about anything. In this case, your drone. They do here in Savannah, and it covers anything. I just have to give them whatever I have remaining from what's covered (the drone, rc, and any accessories if i file a claim). If I lose it or it's stolen or just left by me on the side of the road, its fine. Just give them the rc and the other stuff. It's about $100 a year.
You can then take it wherever you want to and know that it's covered if lost in transit or destroyed by you on vacation in another country.

I really dont think youll find a month's worth of insurance on a $2k drone for cheap in any way. However, the State Farm gig is quite reasonable.

Not sure if this helps this second or not but its an option if you can plan ahead of time, fo sho.

Last edited:
I would contact State Farm and see if they don't offer a policy just for your drone. Its called a Personal Article Policy and could cover just about anything. In this case, your drone. They do here in Savannah, and it covers anything. I just have to give them whatever I have remaining from what's covered (the drone, rc, and any accessories if i file a claim). If I lose it or it's stolen or just left by me on the side of the road, its fine. Just give them the rc and the other stuff. It's about $100 a year.
You can then take it wherever you want to and know that it's covered if lost in transit or destroyed by you on vacation in another country.

I really dont think youll find a month's worth of insurance on a $2k drone for cheap in any way. However, the State Farm gig is quite reasonable.

Not sure if this helps this second or not but its an option if you can plan ahead of time, fo sho.
Thanks, it sounds reasonable, but Italy requires liability insurance. From what I'm reading about the policy it's really for lost/stolen/damaged items.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143