DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Interceptor

Ned Bogan

Reactions

This one appears to be different from the DARPA one around a year ago. This one fires a net at the target drone and the inventor reportedly has a patent on his design.

A good idea but I would hope it isn't intended for general release to the public, in the hands of the wrong people that could be a nightmare.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
You could just as easily spray a drone with some fast drying agent that hardens quickly without all the drama .
Similar to how there all ready putting out fires with specialized drones.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land your drone on the Water.

That was cute . . . anytime there is an aerial vehicle releasing anything in the air to freefall back to earth is problematic. I like that thing though.

Drone Wars . . . (que the Star Wars music) . . . 😆

This might be useful in an urban setting, but I don't really see the military benefit to this sort of thing. An incoming attack of small drones almost certainly will be a swarm of them.

This might be useful in an urban setting, but I don't really see the military benefit to this sort of thing. An incoming attack of small drones almost certainly will be a swarm of them.
Well not necessarily. It's really a matter of when the drone is detected. Check this lone Mavic 3 attack.

Well not necessarily. It's really a matter of when the drone is detected. Check this lone Mavic 3 attack.

I don't see how that relates at all to what I said, and it's not the kind of drone attack that a net capture would be designed to intercept.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54