DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone keeps disconnecting.

Rbeebe10

Reactions
I have flown this drone several times near a lake that I live on and it has disconnected nearly every time I have flown it. Today with family around I had it disconnect and then I had the gimbal completely not work. It will eventually reconnect, but it is getting more of a hassle than anything. Does cell service have anything to do with the connection even with the dji app???? I don't understand what I could be doing wrong.

This could be 2 different problems.

Is the app disconnecting while you are flying and you lose video feed?
Is the Mavic returning home?
Can you explain what you mean by "I had the gimbal completely not work?"

I believe it is just the app. My RC never says it is disconnected. I have it to hover right now because I was on a boat and out on a lake.
I was able to land the mavic on the boat but my gimbal was not at all working. The gimbal was backwards and facing up, luckily I could see the drone and was able to land it.
It seems like the app is always disconnecting, especially when I'm on the lake.

Did your gimbal ever do that before? It shouldnt matter whether its connected or disconnected, your gimbal should never reverse itself like that.

Have you tried starting it again after the landing on the boat? Did the gimbal act normally? Are you getting telemetry in DJI Go?

Never happened before. And I was put it away when I was able to get it back on the boat. Had a lot of family around and it wasn't the first time it hasn't worked properly so I was a little frustrated.

What firmware are you using? As a last ditch effort, you can try downgrading to a version that will work better.

Having the camera do what it did even one time could cause permanent damage to the gimbal or gimbal board. That, coupled with common disconnects, tell me that you might need to send it in for service. It's probably still under warranty, so DJI should fix it for free, but it might take them a while to get to it.

I wouldnt fly it like it is for a variety of reasons unless changing the firmware helps. First thing, it might flyaway, second is you can short out your gimbal. Better to send it in while you still have a drone to send.

What firmware are you using? As a last ditch effort, you can try downgrading to a version that will work better.

Having the camera do what it did even one time could cause permanent damage to the gimbal or gimbal board. That, coupled with common disconnects, tell me that you might need to send it in for service. It's probably still under warranty, so DJI should fix it for free, but it might take them a while to get to it.

I wouldnt fly it like it is for a variety of reasons unless changing the firmware helps. First thing, it might flyaway, second is you can short out your gimbal. Better to send it in while you still have a drone to send.
Thanks

Have not yet. I did just get a new update for the Android App, which I've loaded - not sure that would have anything to do with the Mavic disconnecting from the remote... I will run some experiments later to try to root cause it.
My App just updated also. I'm using android. It may repair the issues with FaceBook livestream.

Have not yet. I did just get a new update for the Android App, which I've loaded - not sure that would have anything to do with the Mavic disconnecting from the remote... I will run some experiments later to try to root cause it.

It cant hurt at this point. I would downgrade the firmware, and see what happens.

I have flown this drone several times near a lake that I live on and it has disconnected nearly every time I have flown it. Today with family around I had it disconnect and then I had the gimbal completely not work. It will eventually reconnect, but it is getting more of a hassle than anything. Does cell service have anything to do with the connection even with the dji app???? I don't understand what I could be doing wrong.

It's beneficial to include your setup details. The app and firmware versions, the device used to host the GO4 app, android or ios. Next it's possible the .DAT and .TXT flight log files might be considered.

The included USB cable is unreliable. Swap in a regular USB ->microUSB (or Lightning) cable and attach that to your device using the connector in the center of the remote. Also disconnect the old cable from the remote.

It appears that MY usb cable is the problem. Replaced the cable, and rock solid for 4 flights.

Just to make my responses clear, the OP, @Rbeebe10, was having disconnection problems with his Mavic in addition to the gimbal being erratic and pitching backwards uncontrollably. Changing the USB cable might help him with teh disconnection issues, but it will not help him with an erratic gimbal. When I responded to @John_W_PNS post, I thought I was responding to the OP. We somehow got off the original topic the OP had posted.

Just to make my responses clear, the OP, @Rbeebe10, was having disconnection problems with his Mavic in addition to the gimbal being erratic and pitching backwards uncontrollably. Changing the USB cable might help him with teh disconnection issues, but it will not help him with an erratic gimbal. When I responded to @John_W_PNS post, I thought I was responding to the OP. We somehow got off the original topic the OP had posted.

Yes - sorry about that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121