DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Lapse - automated image alignment software?

MavDawg-1

Reactions
Hi All!
I’ve been using Litchi with my MavicPro to shoot my house renovation over the last 14 months. Litchi has made this process very simple, with set waypoints to shoot the progression from 7 different angles throughout the seasons (snow, spring, etc). Prior to each flight I’ve calibrated the compass to get the best results.
When I layer these still images to create a drone-lapse from each angle, I realize that the waypoint positions aren’t exact, requiring not only cropping, but image transformation to get the house to retain its shape in animation.
Is there any software that can automate this transformation? I’ve tried After Effects, but could use a little direction here. Can I set common reference points in images in AE, and have the program automate tranform, or is there better software for the Mac?
I’ve roughly 90 images now from each perspective.
Thanks!

Hi All!
I’ve been using Litchi with my MavicPro to shoot my house renovation over the last 14 months. Litchi has made this process very simple, with set waypoints to shoot the progression from 7 different angles throughout the seasons (snow, spring, etc). Prior to each flight I’ve calibrated the compass to get the best results.
When I layer these still images to create a drone-lapse from each angle, I realize that the waypoint positions aren’t exact, requiring not only cropping, but image transformation to get the house to retain its shape in animation.
Is there any software that can automate this transformation? I’ve tried After Effects, but could use a little direction here. Can I set common reference points in images in AE, and have the program automate tranform, or is there better software for the Mac?
I’ve roughly 90 images now from each perspective.
Thanks!
Yea you are on the right track. You need to use stabilize motion tracker in AE.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112