DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Laws in Wilmette

S.H

Reactions
Hello, Just wondering what the drone laws in Wilmette Illinois is, thanks!

^The way that is worded, drones are prohibited in Wilmette.
I didn’t get that at all. It does state that you can not take off or land on“district property”. Doubtful that district property is comprised of the entire town.
My first phone call would go here.

Last edited:
I didn’t get that at all. It does state that you can not take off or land on“district property”. Doubtful that district property is comprised of the entire town.
My first phone call would go here.
Wilmette is a rather “well to do” suburb of Chicago. I wonder if they’ll have a problem when big business drones start dropping off their packages for them.

Reactions: Hauptmann and Starz
Wilmette is a rather “well to do” suburb of Chicago. I wonder if they’ll have a problem when big business drones start dropping off their packages for them.
i really only fly a mini 2, do you think the sub 250g will make it easier to fly?

Drone is a drone in the eyes of the Karen system. Weight won’t make any difference.

Reactions: djwak59
If I'm reading this correctly, You cannot take off or land on "District Property" that they can do, but I would question as to why. However they can't stop you from TO/Landing on "Public or Private Property" unless it's in FAA Controlled Airspace. The wording is very vague and could be challenged. Local ordinances cannot override Federal (FAA) Laws. FLy with caution and know where you are with AirMap or similar Apps.

I would say if you do choose to fly, keep record of all interactions (preferably audio, and keep copies of citations). There are groups that if this truly violates FAA regulation (or even state level laws) that will take it to court and have it dismissed as precedence. You'd also have to be very detailed on where you were landing/launching/operating from as well as making sure you were obeying all FAA regulations (including keeping in line of sight).

I'm not a lawyer, but I feel that if any of those local laws put "over" in their language, the whole thing isn't enforceable.

Reactions: Art Cox
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope