DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone lost after losing connection

Emiel, you may have understood @slup info above.

Fell like a rock, he means it fell fast and straight down, the info following does not mean that it went into water . . .

As he and sar104 mentioned, it's near the ground / on the ground, and look good 15m SE of where the GPS said, radiate out in a circle from that point, and good luck.
Just to clarify ... it's no way to tell out from the log if it's on "dry" ground or in a creek. The log shows that it was on "ground level" relative the HP when the log ended though ... ?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't get it :p .
DJI is handling the case and they asked for my videofiles?
you can find them here:
video cache2.zip
videoCache.zip

Maybe you guys can find something faster than DJI, because they are taking their time .
Put them up on YouTube & paste in the links here for instance ... few will download 2Gb to see the clips.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't get it :p .
DJI is handling the case and they asked for my videofiles?
you can find them here:
video cache2.zip
videoCache.zip

Maybe you guys can find something faster than DJI, because they are taking their time .

The video data end just before the aircraft starts to return, but it clears up what happened. It hit the tall trees on the edge of the field when returning - it just missed them on the way out as seen here, but the return path was further to the left in this view:

fullsizeoutput_cbd.jpeg

Here is the video:

So , i can probably say byebye to my warranty. :'(
that is really sad .
I dont get it because my return to home should be higher than the trees...

So , i can probably say byebye to my warranty. :'(
that is really sad .
I dont get it because my return to home should be higher than the trees...

RTH was set to 15 m. The aircraft was flying at 34 m AGL, so it wasn't going to ascend any higher for RTH. And it's clear that those trees are at least 35 m tall.

Reactions: Thomas B
How is that possible when i always set it at 30m?

And what was the distance ? Because I am still convices that i should not have lost connection .

The log shows RTH height set at 15m, no question about that ... if been at 30m hadn't made any difference as you already were at 34m & the AC wouldn't descend.

1586626593101.png

And when it comes to the disconnect ... seems that you flew out of line of sight with all those trees in between your RC & AC.

1586627021622.png

Last edited:
To give an update for this topic
I haven't found my drone yet, but it has been raining alot lately and after all that searching i am sure it fell into a creek.

Dji offered me a new drone with 15% discount. So i got myself a new mavic mini for 323.3 euro. I was planning for using it to travel but I dont have to think about that nowadays :p .

For my old drone, I will get it when the creek runs dry. It always does in summer.

Thanks for helping me out on this forum. You guys were a lot of help!

Reactions: GarthH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103