DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Drone Mountaineering Adventure taken to the Next Level. . . on my favorite technical ridge traverse!

Karlewski

Reactions
This is an all time favorite traverse I have done once before but this time LOTS of drone action and ultimately I went to a different destination summit. . . just to keep it unique to me. Generally, I never climb the same thing twice unless it is really special. I like the adventure of not knowing exactly what to expect! Please come join me. . .

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

This is an all time favorite traverse I have done once before but this time LOTS of drone action and ultimately I went to a different destination summit. . . just to keep it unique to me. Generally, I never climb the same thing twice unless it is really special. I like the adventure of not knowing exactly what to expect! Please come join me. . .
Hey Karl… Left my comments over on YouTube. That said…. “Go BIG” man, “Go BIG” ?????

Would love to join you Karl however there's a problem called Covid 19 that precludes any O/S travel from Aus..?

Karl you surprise me again and again with your fantastic adventures, just exciting to watch you climb, also your comments I find very interesting! The area is so awesome! Question: At 5:44 one can see clouds in the background. They look like time-lapse, but the foreground and you are moving normally. How did you do that?
Another question: At 14:08 one can see a person standing on the left side of the shore, then the drone flies backwards and you appear in the picture. Was the person another climber?
At 4:11 I had goose bumps again, and not only there! You are really a crazy guy, but meant in a positive sense.?
Thanks for showing, I was very entertained again! ???
cheers Paul

I knew you would notice that Paul! I did it for a surreal effect. When I was quickly scrubbing through the footage I noticed how cool the cloud movement looked in fast motion so I simply overlaid the clip with a copy of itself, one with just me doing my thing and the copy that was full length. I cropped the bottom off of the top full length layer with the clouds and ran it at 400% speed and then trimmed down "under clip" with me in there at normal speed.
The other person on the shore there was a fisherman, I flew the funky flight pattern in an effort not to disturb him. Last year I literally saw 100's of fish in the outlet of that lake jumping all over, looked like a Salmon Run, it is in my Father Dyer video.
Just wait til the next video, OMG, I scared myself when I first saw the footage but I felt in total control when I was there filming it. I do not film if I am scared, stupid move. . . bad footage, huge risk. . . It's a bad idea just climbing if scared.
I climbed the big mountain in the background, Quandry Peak, the other day and right along with mountain goats! I had a few very special moments with them.

Cirdan and Squidinc-
I am thinking of doing an extended trip south of the Equator for a month or so over next winter, I am not a big fan of high altitude winter climbing here, it is truly brutal with any wind, minimal rock climbing and the cameras hate it too. I am thinking Australia and New Zealand, for lower altitude scrambling routes, more like my desert adventures. New Zealand looks too wet and snowy to commit to high altitudes and actually have fun. . . I just want to see that part of the world as well. Maybe we could hang out, climb, drone, tour. . . I am 50 and I know the years of GOING BIG! are numbered. . . I want to make the most of them. . .
Cirdan, Covid won't last for ever, it feels "over" here in the US. I would definitely show you around here, just be sure you're solid moving smoothly on class 4 and decently fit, how old are you?
Not necessarily you but, I fear my casual attitude may lure other climbers into trouble when they see the old skinny looking guy in the lame hat cruise it like nothing, LOL. The 2 climbers I met on Quandary Peak the other day were having trouble, one bailed and the other looked scared and had not reached to crux yet. It was Class 3. If all goes well I'll be doing a huge class 4 route later this week and hit 2-3 14,000ft summits, drones allowed in places there!!! Kit Carson Peak and nearby if you're curious. . . .

Thanks for hanging out with me guys! While I am super happy on my adventures, sometimes it is lonely at the editing desk. I am married, we are happy but my wife is horse crazy, she spends most of her free time with them and they are PITAS. I'm invited but. . . I may do some guiding or train kids to rock climb next. . .

I knew you would notice that Paul! I did it for a surreal effect. When I was quickly scrubbing through the footage I noticed how cool the cloud movement looked in fast motion so I simply overlaid the clip with a copy of itself, one with just me doing my thing and the copy that was full length. I cropped the bottom off of the top full length layer with the clouds and ran it at 400% speed and then trimmed down "under clip" with me in there at normal speed.
The other person on the shore there was a fisherman, I flew the funky flight pattern in an effort not to disturb him. Last year I literally saw 100's of fish in the outlet of that lake jumping all over, looked like a Salmon Run, it is in my Father Dyer video.
Just wait til the next video, OMG, I scared myself when I first saw the footage but I felt in total control when I was there filming it. I do not film if I am scared, stupid move. . . bad footage, huge risk. . . It's a bad idea just climbing if scared.
I climbed the big mountain in the background, Quandry Peak, the other day and right along with mountain goats! I had a few very special moments with them.
Hi Karl,
the surreal effect looks really good, thanks for the how-to explanation ? such effects enrich a film if you don't overdo it, which you don't. ah a fisherman? i thought that was you and with a trick you would have moved 200 meters further towards the camera within a second ? I am looking forward to the next vidoe! Be careful during the 5 degree climbings,even that a 2 degree could be fatal if one doesn´t pay attention!
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki