DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone-mounted nail gun

First thing that comes to mind on this one.
Extended warranty. Not the aircraft, the roof.

I agree 100% but find the application of that example kinda strange cause if you can get the shingle in place you could nail it with out the drone. :)

like to see it work on a windy day i think the whole process is a bit long winded,plus the fact that why would you as @dirkclod said what was the point,they certainly did not nail it for me

Reactions: dirkclod
It's got that 'Solution looking for a Problem!" look about it ... But interesting in that it is truly off-the-wall!

As the range of potential uses of sUAS equipment continues to increase, this kind of application is going to cause all kinds of regulatory excitement.

So impractical! It would need a lot of air and nail recharging I imagine, in addition to a lot of batteries for all those sorties it would have to do.

As for impractability, I would not like to see this paintcopter on the loose, fitted with a spraygun, or perhaps a drone swarm with them, because I fear graffiti artists would go wild with them!

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
I'm looking for a chain saw attachment for my drone, I have some trees to trim.

As the range of potential uses of sUAS equipment continues to increase, this kind of application is going to cause all kinds of regulatory excitement.

One of the things that I notice in all the formula to guide the "roofer" is the total lack of Newtons Law " Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" So saying that the gun when fired would shoot the drone backwards or opposite whichever angle the gun is fireing!
I personally would love to watch this drone in action........... from the safety of a bunker! Looks very much like a term paper with an answer seeking a question.AirplaneJokes-0048.jpg

Reactions: Starz
That's actually a more practical use that nailing roofing

Agreed - if it were possible, which at present it clearly isn't given the forces that need to be applied to a chainsaw and the restricted access for limbing in most situations, it would make tree surgery much easier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98