DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
No, that's not how the law is written.

If flying recreationally, you are limited to 400' AGL. That's four hundred feet above the ground that you're currently flying over. In other words, if you had an imaginary 400' long string hanging straight down, it's got to at least reach the ground at all times.

If you have a Part 107 license and are flying under Part 107 rules, you can fly up to 400' above the top point of a structure that is within 400 feet of your drone. So if you're inspecting a 900' tall tower, you can go up to 1300' above the ground.

The rules never measure your altitude from your takeoff point, even though the altitude above takeoff point is what DJI displays to you. It's always up to you to convert to the relevant altitude.
Plot thickens lol

There are those who only use the "Return To Home" option to bring their drone back and if and when things go terribly wrong, they panic. Then there are those that take the time to hone their skills (in any way they choose)
and prepare for that eventual "panic moment"
Good on you.... Do what you want and enjoy what pleases you.
As long as it's legal...safe to others...carry on I say.

There are those who only use the "Return To Home" option to bring their drone back and if and when things go terribly wrong, they panic. Then there are those that take the time to hone their skills (in any way they choose)
and prepare for that eventual "panic moment"
Good on you.... Do what you want and enjoy what pleases you.
As long as it's legal...safe to others...carry on I say.
Thank you Pilot!

Seriously, isn't it great to be able to play, just for the only reason of playing? I would hate to fly my drone for any commercial or competitive goal. Freedom to waste time for my own enjoyment! Yeah!!!

Reactions: Area 8
Seriously, isn't it great to be able to play, just for the only reason of playing? I would hate to fly my drone for any commercial or competitive goal. Freedom to waste time for my own enjoyment! Yeah!!!
Here is someone who understands. Your words are golden!

Anyone that didn't like my Mid air landing pad will hate this one. It's a 4 pound drone destroying machine. Specifically made to plow smaller drones out of the sky (my drones of course).

20210228_181901.jpg

Attachments

• 20210228_184858.jpg
    20210228_184858.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20210228_182405.jpg
    20210228_182405.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210228_182326.jpg
    20210228_182326.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
That is actually a very smart thing to do if you don't want your drone to get dirty, use your hand to land it or your landing pad (if you have one) to get dirty.

BUT, if the bottom drone crashed, if the drones connection got interrupted by the other drones connection, or if the landing pad on the top of the bottom drone broke, then things could go really quite wrong...

That is actually a very smart thing to do if you don't want your drone to get dirty, use your hand to land it or your landing pad (if you have one) to get dirty.

BUT, if the bottom drone crashed, if the drones connection got interrupted by the other drones connection, or if the landing pad on the top of the bottom drone broke, then things could go really quite wrong...
There is definitely alot that can go wrong. The challenge is worth the risk!

Is this how mavic minis are made?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones