DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
An interesting idea but realistically why would the average pilot want to try that, thereby possibly putting two drones at risk?
How many would have the equipment to do it?
How many would have the skill to land a drone on a randomly moving landing pad? People struggle to land on boats and trucks which are bigger and move in a semi predictable manner. It seems to me the demo pilots came close enough to missing and if you do miss I bet that would bring both drones down.
Is there anything to stop Mavic like legs going through the mesh thereby allowing the landing drone to belly flop or possibly gimbal flop?

Last edited by a moderator:
An interesting idea but realistically why would the average pilot want to try that thereby possibly putting two drones at risk?
How many would they have the equipment to do it?
Is there anything to stop Mavic like legs going through the mesh thereby allowing the landing drone to belly flop or possibly gimbal flop?
Just passing time and wasting money while enjoying the hobby. The gimbal could touch the landing surface and has. It doesn't seem to affect anything. No worse than landing on uneven ground I guess.

True but each of those come with a trade off too.
Sorry but I do not understand what you mean by that but dont worry about trying to explain. I don't think our discussion is going anywhere useful so I will leave it at that.
Enjoy your experimentation.

So, I wonder how this would work if you flew the carrier drone, with other drone sitting on top, to 400ft, does that mean you could then launch the other drone from there and go up to 800ft? Hmmm

So, I wonder how this would work if you flew the carrier drone, with other drone sitting on top, to 400ft, does that mean you could then launch the other drone from there and go up to 800ft? Hmmm
Lol. I may just have to try it.

Awesome. I wouldn't try it but looks cool. :)

Of course you could ... but it wouldn't be legal. The legal 400 foot limit is referenced to ground, not takeoff point.

I don't see any reason for what you did other than experimentation and FUN! I liked it, thought it was a neat idea! But what is all that white stuff? Ewwww :D

Of course you could ... but it wouldn't be legal. The legal 400 foot limit is referenced to ground, not takeoff point.

I don't see any reason for what you did other than experimentation and FUN! I liked it, thought it was a neat idea! But what is all that white stuff? Ewwww :D
Lol. Too much of the white stuff. It's been so cold my Mini only flies for 10 minutes on a full charge.

Good day. Any reason for doing this? Thanks

Good day. Any reason for doing this? Thanks
Not really. I found a few really cheap (like $25 no cameras) Yuneec Q500 drones. Then I thought what can one do with a drone that big? The Q500 is 1700 grams, 2022 grams with the aerial landing pad installed. So I landed a 249 gram drone on one. Just having fun. The other one I have a drop system for parachutes. Remote lighting. 4 available remote channels for fun and experimentation.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser