DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I like it. Like landing on a carrier ship. Keep up the good work.

Not really. I found a few really cheap (like $25 no cameras) Yuneec Q500 drones. Then I thought what can one do with a drone that big? The Q500 is 1700 grams, 2022 grams with the aerial landing pad installed. So I landed a 249 gram drone on one. Just having fun. The other one I have a drop system for parachutes. Remote lighting. 4 available remote channels for fun and experimentation.
I guess whatever floats your boat

Wow! Nice skill. I would not think it would have been possible with down drafting the lower drone but you did it!
He had to touch down a few times to stop the swaying not a option if your high up....but again why even do this what's the purpose

Not sure why the OP is getting "hate mail," because I thought that this was pretty cool. If Jamie and Adam had done this, we'd all be clapping.
Next Step...mid-air battery swap!

Lol. Too much of the white stuff. It's been so cold my Mini only flies for 10 minutes on a full charge.
I know what its like there, we used to live in Marengo.. grew up in Geneva.

I think it would be better to change the mind set to Drone catches drone. Rather than drone lands on Drone.
That way at the point of contact, any out of balance momentum would tend to be upward and not downward.
In other words if the coming together is over zealous then the combined two should go up and not down.

I think that's a pretty cool and fun experiment. I am always trying things with my drones, trucks, cars and boats.
My new drone is going to be a Chasing M2 w/claw attachment, and you can bet I am already planning on remote dropping heavy duty magnets and grappling hooks w/rope attached to recover sunken treasures...as well as modifying the claw's attachment point for a better field of view when capturing objects. I think your experiment shows vision and initiative...well done.

Reactions: Akward59 and A.O.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones