DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone on roof... needs rescue near Marietta, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
the tent pole thing brought sewer rod to mind but surely it's down by now!

Hi.. The contractor did climb a ladder and hand recover.

FYI... I looked at the detailed flight information and at one point the Mavic was moving 26 mph backwards while I had it on full throttle in sport mode forward. If sport is about 40 mph then the sustained winds were around 66 MPH in this downburst.

I also reviewed the video and there was no indication (visually with trees in distance) that a downburst was coming... so we must have been the "origin" of it.

I am a meteorologist so I am normally pretty careful with the weather conditions. I missed it this time!

George

I am a meteorologist so I am normally pretty careful with the weather conditions. I missed it this time!

George
Don’t feel bad ours messes up sometimes too.
But they always are right on what it was the next day though..?
Just picking.?

Fire Dept or a roofer. May cost you a 6 pack of Corona as I had a roofer in the neighborhood blow pine needles off my roof- glad for Corona

HI...

I am near Marietta, GA in East Cobb County.

Long story short... A strong outflow from a thunderstorm (well in advance) took my Mavic PRO about 1/3 of a mile to the SE where it is now in the gutter on a rather tall roof. Even in Sport mode it was going backwards! I did find it right where the GPS said it would be... On top of a roof!

I don't have any tall ladders and neither does the home owner.

Any ideas on how I can get this thing down. I would like to get it down before the next rain. This storm only had light rain so there is a decent chance it may still work.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

George

Home Depot or any rental yard rents extension ladders.

Any ideas on how I can get this thing down. I would like to get it down before the next rain. This storm only had light rain so there is a decent chance it may still work.
if it was a tree, Cat Man Do Rescue, Cats and Drones in Trees Normer Adams in ATL. He rescues cats and drones from trees, heres one he saved for us.
he may be worth calling about it anyway though.
dave

I live on the other side of Atlanta (Grayson) and could help you. My first thought was to attach a line to MY Mavic pro, but after more thought, a simpler solution may work (I also have a ladder that would reach, but transporting the beast would be difficult).

I would get three or four 1x1’s from Home Depot and bolt them together. A fishing line on the one end with a hook would do the trick snagging the thing. Between the two of us we could handle the long pole.

If you don’t retrieve the thing by Monday, give me a call at 678-471-8292.

Local Fire Department? They’re usually looking for an excuse to get their equipment out and test it. A donation to the fireman’s charity would be appreciated.

Local Fire Department? They’re usually looking for an excuse to get their equipment out and test it. A donation to the fireman’s charity would be appreciated.
Read post 42 .
No need in this Adventure to continue so it shall be closed. ?

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser