DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone over Wrigley Field last night!

They landed it on the field for a minute or so. Then it took off again. I think they needed a net. Not good.

This is not good for our hobby.
A Mavic 2 Pro with a go pro on top.

GettyImages-1272900790.jpg

af748c4c-25b7-4667-9181-d8fe548208ac-AP_APTOPIX_Indians_Cubs_Baseball.jpg
ap-20261074815092.jpg

It's a shame someone didn't just toss a towel or something over it to ground it. It would be so easy to capture one at low Alt and even more so when it landed for a moment.

mavic 2 pro with a gropro on top... why two cameras? Those gopros have a very wide field of view, but otherwise no advantage that I know of.

I always had the same question. Other than Audio i dont see any advantage but even the audio will be garbage with the propeller noise, unless you can remove the propeller noise with Audacity or a software like that.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
If I was on the field, I'd just grab it with my fielder's glove. Or at least drop the glove on it to jam up the propellers. Simple, effective. The criminal could have been caught.
The guy was caught, cited, and drone confiscated.

Again, I still wonder how he flew into, or took off in, a “No Fly” zone......??
My guess someone as brass as that probably could care less about the NAS and has hacked the quads operating system. I know a guy who has done that and scoots around in class C airspace often over 1000' and at sometimes at night. Some folks don't know about airspace rules but some just don't care.

I'm wondering... it was landed?....it was somehow downed? ....It was a legal flight of some sort and the news media didn't get the word? Enquiring minds want to know!

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
As a Die Hard Cubs fan living out west here I was watching that and cringed too many times. Mavic no less and I thought another bad mark on us Drone Operators. Plus as a Cubs Fan, I thought Black Cat all over again. :)

Reactions: passedpawn
No crowd, no NFZ

That's NOT how it works. The TFRs are put into place according the schedule and they go "LIVE" regardless of what the actual attendance is to the game.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman