Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-50

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • 50-75

Votes: 78 66.7%
  • 75 and up

Votes: 18 15.4%

• Total voters
I'm 30 and looked at it as an investment, a tool, rather than a toy.

Most people my age definitely do not agree with that assessment.

Also, I've got a very high IQ, something that seems to be lacking in most of the younger generation. Not trying to toot my own horn, but when I tell "20-somethings" that I'm 5 points from Mensa and get met with a response such as, "what's Mensa?"... It doesn't bode well for our future.
I'm 30 and looked at it as an investment, a tool, rather than a toy.

Most people my age definitely do not agree with that assessment.

Also, I've got a very high IQ, something that seems to be lacking in most of the younger generation. Not trying to toot my own horn, but when I tell "20-somethings" that I'm 5 points from Mensa and get met with a response such as, "what's Mensa?"... It doesn't bode well for our future.
I’m a bit older - 40 - but I disagree with your conclusions about “kids these days.” I work with many young folks and find in general that they are better educated and smarter and often wiser than their elders. And I’m not sure which is worse: not knowing what Mensa is or bragging about being “5 points away.” I am a member and, breaking my own rule here, it’s considered bad form to brag about it. Much less bragging that you’re ALMOST a member.

I'm past the half century mark myself, but this topic of age got me to thinking about a young pilot in Hong Kong that was active a few years ago on the Spark Pilots Forum.

The kid is (was)11 years old that purchased, flew and edited the content himself with his Spark.

Talk about inspiration. ?

Here's his channel if you want to see for yourself.

Happy flying to all ages.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I’m a bit older - 40 - but I disagree with your conclusions about “kids these days.” I work with many young folks and find in general that they are better educated and smarter and often wiser than their elders. And I’m not sure which is worse: not knowing what Mensa is or bragging about being “5 points away.” I am a member and, breaking my own rule here, it’s considered bad form to brag about it. Much less bragging that you’re ALMOST a member.
Yup. Understood.

Maybe it was arrogant. I was proving a point, and of course, yes, there are other ways to have gone about it.

That's me though. That's what I do. ?

You should hear the talks I have with my therapist lol. o_O ??

Tell your kids to never strive to be smarter than the next guy, cause apparently, in your opinion, being almost smarter than 95% of the population is a waste of time, and not worth boasting about. Thumbswayup

REGARDLESS: Intelligence Quotients are not a scientific number, and honestly, I expected some pushback from this post... Bringing up that point...

Never in a million years (well, it's still 2020 after all, so you made it I guess) would I think anybody would seriously take offense to somebody else striving to be recognized for being smart and getting a good education. ??‍♂️

Have a good night! ?

Happy holidays! Stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d