DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Pilot Wings?

I think a monento is some sort of Italian ice cream treat.

A memento from getting a pilot's license is... the pilot's license itself.

I have a drawerful of wings from when I was a kid and pilots on commercial flights let kids into the cockpit then gave you wings to pin on. By the time I was in high school and flying myself, I had enough charts, E6B computers, pencils, and other assorted flying stuff that I needed to tote around that the last thing I wanted was some other thing I had to deal with.

I will note that in my personal view, actually pinning wings onto myself would have been highly-effective girl repellent and I was not interested in that. My wife, who was herself flying at the same time, has confirmed this. YMMV.

If wings make you happy, get some.

Settle down there Capt. Happy.
It was a light-hearted thread. If I was a student pilot I'd definitely choose someone other than you to instruct me

Reactions: Classic flyer
Wouldn't it be kinda cool to get "Remote Pilot in Command" Wings after passing your 107 Cert? Does anyone think thats something that would come up in the future? Is there anything already out there like that? I think it would be kinda neat, I hear the exam is hard.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Only 6 year olds would think that "cool".

You're operating a small radio control quad bought from a supermarket. You're not manually flying concorde across the atlantic.

Thinking a supermarket mass produced self-flying toy quad earns "wings" or anything is something only a 6 year old would feel proud of. "pilot" is a laughable term for operating a mavic as well. Its harder to work a toaster than one.
Well the FAA 107 CERTIFICATE SAYS PILOT...and what other toy is required to be registered and requires an exam...just asking

Last edited:
Well the FAA 107 CERTIFICATE SAYS PILOT...and what other toy is required to be registered and requires an exam...just asking

I think we hit a nerve.

Hey Classic flyer, you can be my wingman anytime....lol

Attachments

• 635895672202209103-TOP-GUN-CELEBSUPER-54172183.jpg
    635895672202209103-TOP-GUN-CELEBSUPER-54172183.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 15
Thinking a supermarket mass produced self-flying toy quad earns "wings" or anything is something only a 6 year old would feel proud of. "pilot" is a laughable term for operating a mavic as well. Its harder to work a toaster than one.
Checkout the definition of PILOT in the dictionary and then aircraft...you might find that 107 cert. holders are by definition pilots and drones by definition are aircraft...I'm sorry if this hurts your ego but it is what it is...be safe fly safe

Checkout the definition of PILOT in the dictionary and then aircraft...you might find that 107 cert. holders are by definition pilots and drones by definition are aircraft...I'm sorry if this hurts your ego but it is what it is...be safe fly safe

HIS ego? LMAO someone clearly ripped out the page in your dictionary where 'i' for 'ironic' used to sit.

I wanted wings
'Till I got the ******* things,
And now I don't want them anymore!

Again, to be correct, you are not actually piloting the aircraft, because you would need to be sitting in it. What you are doing is remotely piloting the Hi-Tech toy. No question that to fly it well, you will require skill and practice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito