DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Questions thank you!

frodri

Reactions
three questions:

1-should I purchase a drone directly from dji or any other seller and any advantages to doing either one or the other
2-will the new law banning Chinese drones make it hard to fly it or be illegal
3-any thoughts on buying a mavic mini pro 4 drone- experiences bad or good? Your thoughts
Much appreciated.

1) my choice would be from Amazon or from a national retailer. Amazon's return policy and process is a major selling point as far as I am concerned.
2) I thought those 'laws' have yet to be written into the law books. What I have read seems to indicate that they will make things awkward for future models and that there is no mention of them affecting existing models.

Reactions: frodri
three questions:

1-should I purchase a drone directly from dji or any other seller and any advantages to doing either one or the other
2-will the new law banning Chinese drones make it hard to fly it or be illegal
3-any thoughts on buying a mavic mini pro 4 drone- experiences bad or good? Your thoughts
Much appreciated.
1. Either is OK
2. Probably not
3. There are hundreds of thousands of users of that model.
It's a good drone.

Reactions: frodri
1. Some retailers have special deals when purchasing that much Might be worth a look just find a reputable dealer.
2. If your Drone is for sale today in the U.S. no bans will effect it
3. I don't have a Mavic mini 4 pro BUT I would for sure buy one if I had the Funds.

You should be good ordering direct from DJI, or getting it from Amazon or even BestBuy.
The ban isn't in effect (and may never make it through congress). Buy whatever drone you want.
I just picked up a Mini 4 Pro from Costco (they have a Costco only package with controller, 2 batteries, an SD card, ND filters and spare props for $750. I got it to replace my Air 2, and I couldn't be happier. It has a nice camera, and excellent collision avoidance.

You should be good ordering direct from DJI, or getting it from Amazon or even BestBuy.
The ban isn't in effect (and may never make it through congress). Buy whatever drone you want.
I just picked up a Mini 4 Pro from Costco (they have a Costco only package with controller, 2 batteries, an SD card, ND filters and spare props for $750. I got it to replace my Air 2, and I couldn't be happier. It has a nice camera, and excellent collision avoidance.
Did u buy the care package (protection) and how much was it? Have u flown it and how does it perform?

1) If purchasing the day a drone is released, the DJI Store is my go to place. If purchasing when plenty of drones are in stock across the US, I'd also consider the closest dealer (like Best Buy) or Amazon Prime. While you probably won't need to return your drone, it's easy returning to a local store or Amazon.

2) There is no new law banning Chinese drones. For the talks of laws that were supposedly going to be passed, they weren't going to affect drones that had already been purchased. And if a law is really passed at some point in the future, there's no telling what it will end up looking like.

3) DJI drones in general are great drones. But, I think you're asking if the Mini 4 Pro would be a good fit for you personally. If so, then you should compare all DJI consumer drones to make sure the model you pick has the features you need. It's probably not the best idea to shell out this kind of money solely on the fact that someone else loves it.

My hobby guy said that the price from DJI is locked. Won't matter much where you buy it, it will be the same price (I'm against price locking).

The Mini 4 is a good drone, so far.
Caveat, the obstacle avoidance is visual. Without contrast, I don't think it works. If you go under a tree, it's going to be useless, from what I've seen.

Buy a good memory card, recommended by DJI.
Get a good case. I'm not impressed with the one that came with the package deal.
With the "good" batteries, you will be over the minimum weight and be required to register it.
You can get a free registration sticker at pilotinstitute.com

There are many who are sticklers for rules. Take it with a grain of Sodium Chloride.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirodabrowski