Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Range

Did this play for you? :oops:

DJI Canyon Race

Oh and don't forget to keep the lens protector on as they did! :cool:

Old M1P vision with white goggles.

No way, no how.
Flying like that in sports mode, even with camera pointing higher enabled, you wouldn't see enough to fly so fast / pitched safely under canopy.
They'd have lost signal very quickly in that sort of terrain, lost vision in the goggles / other device, and the drone would have done whatever failsafe was set to.
There would most likely have been 2 crashed M1Ps right there.

It's a typical DJI marketing thing, they often show unrealistic flights / distance type scenarios.

As for best distance various drones can fly, I always think of it as how far can the signal penetrate whatever's between me and the drone, rather than how far I can fly.
Trees, buildings, terrain, flying low, even some atmospheric conditions, good signal strength helps, as too does better signal transmission types, between various occusync versions and much outdated wifi.

Do not go out and experiment till
you learn the laws and then be advised it’s all on you.
Mess up and it’s all on you.

Of course not just mess up and an incident occur . . . this can also include if you don't mess up, and someone reports you that witnesses a flight breaking a country's rules, or if posted on YouTube showing an obvious VLOS breach.
Plenty of example of that in recent years.

if there is a list of DJI Mavic and Air series ranges for each drone.

Every single drone has (or had) it's specs online, some older drones like the Air maybe not, but that particular drone is obsolete now, and was a wifi connection.
A google of > DJI (model) range < will usually find the specs, even for older drones, range / distance under IDEAL conditions.
Most times there are not ideal conditions present.

Wow it looked like a scripted flight with a ton of video clips from different angles all stitched together to be used as a sales tactic. I didn't watch the whole video but I actually didn't see any full on long distance runs or anything actually out of compliance. What I don't like is it gives newbies the impression that BVLOS is OK. I understand different countries have different rules but videos like that appear like a one size fits all ad which only adds more confusion about what is acceptable by most country's RC flight rules.

Wow it looked like a scripted flight with a ton of video clips from different angles all stitched together to be used as a sales tactic. . . . What I don't like is it gives newbies the impression that BVLOS is OK.

Totally right there @dronerdave

Also not just a bad impression with BVLOS, but how a drone behaves overall with signal needs etc.
Some might think they can just fly off like this in 'real life'.

It'd be nice to think this was from very early days of DJI, but they still do similar things in marketing videos today, with range achievable in particular.

Reactions: dronerdave
Depends on conditions if it's a WiFi drone. Trees can have an effect on distance as well as building .
WiFi interference too.
Before you make a choice look a crash reports .Lots of YouTube videos how to fly . The 249 gram drones don't need to be registered with the FAA. The mini 2 has less interference then a wifi more distance. I like 51drones has great videos the 249 gram drones you can lose site of I use a little prisema tape I got at a auto parts store helps you see it. The best of luck flying when you get one

VLOS, please use absolute discretion. Violating regs can have impact on all pilots.
OK
How about this

You have a small shed in your private backyard and you always wanted to fly around it
But now you feel bad for even thinking of doing such a thing

You would lose VLOS for a few seconds
So you revise your flight plan ASAP

:rolleyes:
You don't really think that would be a problem for you or any other drone pilots do you?
Hard and fast rule in stone or not?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada