DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone refusing to land

Sprout

Reactions
A buddy and me got to together today and went for a flight he has a mavic 2 zoom and I have the pro. We both updated our firmware yesterday . We took our flight and when we came back both drones refused to land . Take them back up and tried to land again still the same thing . The only way we got them to land was by holding in the return to home button until they landed. Changed batteries and never had the problem again. Has any 1 else had this problem?

Where you getting any warnings on the app telling you why?
Did you reboot the AC, RC after the update or did it happen with the battery change?

Well... whenever my Mavic refuses to land I just tell it “no more Fortnite V-Bucks until you come down, mister!” ;)

Reactions: PAW
Where you getting any warnings on the app telling you why?
Did you reboot the AC, RC after the update or did it happen with the battery change?
No warning Just start going down then pop back up to 3 to 4 foot off the ground. Yes restarted them both after the update but when we change batteries it never done it again.

crazy, I guess it might be down to one of the experts like @sar104 having a look at the log files if you want to upload them.
ETA; I have had that happen, BUT it always gave a message about unsuitable landing area of something like that. I just held the down stick and it landed anyway.

crazy, I guess it might be down to one of the experts like @sar104 having a look at the log files if you want to upload them.
ETA; I have had that happen, BUT it always gave a message about unsuitable landing area of something like that. I just held the down stick and it landed anyway.
I will if it happens again . Forgive me but this is my first drone, But i assume you go through the dji go 4 map to retrieve them? Upload them to where?

I dont know the specifics, but take a look at any "fell from the sky" thread, and follow the instructions there, to post yours here. I will summon an expert to assist!
Hey @sar104 How about a link?

Mine did that yesterday evening. It was getting dark. Instead of landing it hovered 2 feet off the ground with the bottom light on. I took it up a few more feet and was then able to bring it down for a landing.

I've had a similar problem with my brand new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. The first time it it refused to land, it was a sunny day and I was trying to land on a flat sidewalk. Last night, it was a little darker and the street and a slight decline but still, when I would press down on the throttle, it would just hover above the ground. It didn't matter if I took it out of P Mode and into Atti or if I narrowed the obstacle sensing (I have it set as my left trigger shortcut).

For my first landing last night, I had to reach over the top with the props still spinning and hold it down, pushing down from the middle of the drone. It didn't like that and sped the blades up until the battery finally died. The second time I was able to get my hands underneath it and hand catch it to stop. Either way, scary stuff!

I've had a similar problem with my brand new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. The first time it it refused to land, it was a sunny day and I was trying to land on a flat sidewalk. Last night, it was a little darker and the street and a slight decline but still, when I would press down on the throttle, it would just hover above the ground. It didn't matter if I took it out of P Mode and into Atti or if I narrowed the obstacle sensing (I have it set as my left trigger shortcut).

For my first landing last night, I had to reach over the top with the props still spinning and hold it down, pushing down from the middle of the drone. It didn't like that and sped the blades up until the battery finally died. The second time I was able to get my hands underneath it and hand catch it to stop. Either way, scary stuff!

I'm sure that the log files would explain what was happening, if you want to post them.

Mine did that yesterday evening. It was getting dark. Instead of landing it hovered 2 feet off the ground with the bottom light on. I took it up a few more feet and was then able to bring it down for a landing.
I had the same issue last weekend. I disabled the bottom lights and it landed for me

Good News Everyone! I recalibrated my cameras (via DJI Assistant 2) and the IMU (via the app) and everything is back to normal. The drone is landing as it should.

But, if you do want to decipher how and why I was having a problem the other night, attached are the flight logs from a couple flights where it wouldn't land under my control. Even though they are larger files, my issues weren't until the very end of each flight when I tried to land. Attached are the .txt files and below are links to the .dat files and spreadsheet breakdowns of them.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-09-10_[18-58-49].txt
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-09-10_[19-28-14].txt
    855.1 KB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members