DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone roof inspection

Reactions
I have been practicing taking close up shots of my exhaust stacks and roof vents but am having trouble finding out how to reach out to the roofing industry for commercial inspection business. has anyone had any luck getting roof inspection work. do you go to the roofer, insurance company or roofing supply company's. I did shoot some commercial work and that was good because not many people want to get on top of a large commercial building. Let me know your thoughts.

Do you have a thermal camera ?
Like the ME2 dual ?

From previous posts here, they are very versatile for industrial work, picking up hot stops in stacks and the likes, building hot spots for cooling efficiency etc.
You really have to know what you're doing though, only comes with decent training / qualifications and experience I've heard.

They can also pick up an identify bad solar panel modules, residential, commercial, everyone has them now.

For what you are describing, perhaps more general work, I'd also add to your list building management / strata / maintenance companies.
A decent portfolio of annual checks of roof condition / air cond and cooling tower units, debris / clean up required, etc, in a good spreadsheet type maintenance schedule could be lucrative once built up with a few clients.

You have your part 107 and insurance all lined up ?

Do you have a thermal camera ?
Like the ME2 dual ?

From previous posts here, they are very versatile for industrial work, picking up hot stops in stacks and the likes, building hot spots for cooling efficiency etc.
You really have to know what you're doing though, only comes with decent training / qualifications and experience I've heard.

They can also pick up an identify bad solar panel modules, residential, commercial, everyone has them now.

For what you are describing, perhaps more general work, I'd also add to your list building management / strata / maintenance companies.
A decent portfolio of annual checks of roof condition / air cond and cooling tower units, debris / clean up required, etc, in a good spreadsheet type maintenance schedule could be lucrative once built up with a few clients.

You have your part 107 and insurance all lined up ?

There is a multi page thread over in CommercialPilots forum on inspecting flat roofs - maybe some of those members can give you some ideas and/or hints. HERE is a link

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman