DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone SAR training in Mentone was a resounding success

Again, great job and thanks for the opportunity from @RCdancer , @FatherXmas , and @Thunderdrones !

I appreciated the classroom presentation, Q&A, discussions, and applications with practice missions. It is helpful to actually practice operations similar to real-world situations to get an understanding of the things to consider and difficulties in getting success.

It was also great to get to meet others and share knowledge and experiences.

I received this email last night from one of the pilots we trained this past weekend ....

"I thought I’d share this with you.

I got called out today (April 1) for a SAR mission to find an 8 year old that was missing. She was last seen walking away from her house in a rural area. Even though she was found shortly before I arrived on scene, I was a lot more confident while responding and on what I would have needed to do once I arrived.

Thanks for putting on the SAR class and I can’t wait for the next one."

Wow, that outstanding. I do not mean for the little girl being lost, but that people recognize that we exist, and are here to help.

Last edited:
For those that trained in Mentone and wanted to order this shirt, I sent a link out. If you didn't get it, PM me and I'll send you the link to order it.

Attachments

• DSAR Shirt.jpg
    DSAR Shirt.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: TR Ganey
I am very interested in sUAV SAR. I live in southern Illinois and would like to get some training and perhaps get involved. Where do I start?

I live in Indiana.....I think the group from Alabama would like to get at least 20 individuals involved, and a location to hold the training...for them to come up from Mentone, Al to give the training.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frodri