DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone shacking

bushie

Reactions
I took some video with my Mavic pro 1 today. The weather was calm with cloudless sky.

When I downloaded the video to my computer I noticed a slight left/right oscillation in the video. It has a period of about 0.5 of a second and only appears to be in the horizontal plain. I tried a couple of different players and also imported into Davinci Resolve and it is visible in all cases.

I have never noticed this before. Checked the props etc and can't see any thing obvious

Suggestions?

I took some video with my Mavic pro 1 today. The weather was calm with cloudless sky.

I bet it's a shadow from your props. If it's the same horizontal tearing I'm thinking of, I get this all the time when I'm flying into the sun.

I did not notice the movement when flying, Only when I got home and downloaded the video. Will try and get the log

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-08-09_[13-35-20][2].txt
    284.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Kazzaaz
This precisely why I believe this forum to be the best regarding DJI products.
Notwithstanding the sometimes humorous /sarcastic input, invariably there are experienced and DJI tech savvy folk who are anxious to help the community through issues such as the one described by the OP.

It's an interesting issue about which I am clueless, but very interested in the cause and remedy.
Thanks to all members.

Reactions: Kazzaaz
The logs suggest this video was shot in ActiveTrack mode but the boat doesn't seem to be its focus.
Since this hasn't happened to you before, my wild guess is that somehow you locked onto a ripple on the water and AT got hopelessly confused?
It's probably a one-off thing either way.

I don't see anything else glaringly obvious from the log, but I'm not nearly as experienced as someone like @sar104 who might be able to weigh in here.

I had a similar problem with my MPP. The gimbal would vibrate back and forth, causing a similar video effect. I'm not saying you have the exact same problem, but the tipoff for me was that my gimbal was very hot to the touch after landing. I could see it vibrating even when sitting on the ground, no motors running. Turns out I had a bad gimbal motor per DJI service.

I have not seen this problem before. Did you recently update the firmware?

Are you using props that came with the AC? Some have noticed shaking if one puts a Platinum prop on a non-platinum Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada