DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone signal errors?

TexasRancher

Reactions
How many of you have flown a dronedeploy map and dealt with signal errors in the logs? Is it that big a deal?

I was looking over my logs on airdata and noticed a lot of red and purple, which did not make sense because I watched my controller the entire time and it never seemed to go below 2-3 bars.

According to the map data, it reached as high as 184 on the errors.

Is that a big deal? Seems to be, if the colors are an indication, but I never lost connection with the drone and it appeared to finish just fine.

Rancher

Hi Rancher,

If you suspect this is incorrect - please let us know! please send us the flight link to [email protected] and we'll be glad to look into this.

Eran

Oh, not incorrect, so much as I originally thought it was a temperature reading.. lol.. freaked out a bit. Then I realized it was signal strength. Just curious if that is normal or if others experience flights with a signal strength error of like 184.

I think it would be easier to understand if it meant Great/Good/Fair/Poor or something on a scale of 1-10 or who knows.. the 184.6 or whatever did not really mean much to me.. but, flight went well enough and the Drone finished it's mapping.. heh

Thanks!

Rancher

As the mapping flight is programmed into or by dronedeploy and then uploaded into the drone loss of signal is not a problem unless you’ve missed something in your preflight survey. The drone executes the whole flight automatically from takeoff to landing. Problems might occur if you haven’t given DroneDeploy the correct parameters and need to abort the flight for some reason.
The same loss of signal could happen in Litchi or DJI’s version of waypoint missions. Have you tried either of them to check?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121