DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone slightly bent

tiger88

Reactions
So I was flying my Mavic air and on landing it crashed into something and rolled over. Visual inspection looks fine but I noticed I could not fold it into the case anymore with the propellers on. The propellers themselves still look ok and I could not see other damages. Is it still flyable?

So I was flying my Mavic air and on landing it crashed into something and rolled over. Visual inspection looks fine but I noticed I could not fold it into the case anymore with the propellers on. The propellers themselves still look ok and I could not see other damages. Is it still flyable?
The best way to figure out is to fly it. Just make sure there is no one nearby and fly low.

Edited after further thought. I am having a hard time visualizing what you describe. You say visually it looks okay but won’t go into the case anymore and your post title says it is bent. What exactly is bent? These things are beautifully engineered. If one or more of the fold-out arms is bent or the place where it attaches to the body is bent it is probably weaker than it was. A test flight at low altitude is not going to be definitive. If it is weakened already additional flights will weaken it further over time and it may well fail during a flight in strong winds or something when conditions are placing a lot of stress on the airframe. I would just bite the bullet and send it in for repair. You can probably get an idea of cost from dji. Why risk further damage by test flying?

Last edited:
Edited after further thought. I am having a hard time visualizing what you describe. You say visually it looks okay but won’t go into the case anymore and your post title says it is bent. What exactly is bent? These things are beautifully engineered. If one or more of the fold-out arms is bent or the place where it attaches to the body is bent it is probably weaker than it was. A test flight at low altitude is not going to be definitive. If it is weakened already additional flights will weaken it further over time and it may well fail during a flight in strong winds or something when conditions are placing a lot of stress on the airframe. I would just bite the bullet and send it in for repair. You can probably get an idea of cost from dji. Why risk further damage by test flying?
Tried attaching the props again today and it can actually fit in the case now just that the back leg touches the front props when folded. I remember there was slight clearance before.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27