DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone took off on its own.

minimpw

Reactions
Here is some details of what happened.

I turned on my remote, mounted the iPad to the remote, started the DJI Go app, forgot to tether the iPad to the remote, turned on the Mavic, waited until the GPS kicked in, started the motors, raised the Mavic to about 4 feet and hovered, then without touching the sticks on the remote the Mavic took off in a crazy flight path. The only thing that I did on the remote when the Mavic was flying crazy, was tried the emergency CSC shutdown. It did not shut down. The Mavic stopped only after flying into a snow bank.

Here is the DAT File Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-03-14_19-33-59.DAT
I had to pull the DAT file from the Mavic, because the iPad was not connected at the time of flight.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad Drone
This happened to me with a phantom 3 because I turned it on holding in sideways while walking to the takeoff point.

Has anyone else had this happen. I connected the remote to the drone. GPS kicked in. But....I didn't connect the iPad to the remote. The drone just took and and flew on its own. It lost control and skipped across the street etc. Scraped the bottom of the drone. Not good.

I thought you can fly it with just the remote?

Any thoughts? Scared the heck out of me. Luckily there is snow and it stopped in a snow bank.
Can you upload the flight logs from the drone?

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Never heard of that. You didn't initiate anything at all on the remote?

No I literally had it level. Turned on the remote. Turned on the drone. The remote connected. Raised it about 4 feet and then it just started to drift and it just took off. It never went higher it just drifted and at full speed. Very scary. Would it make a difference if the iPad wasn't connected? I thought you could fly with just remote?

See my link above for instructions.

Reactions: Skyler
Right. You will have a DAT flight log though. You can find instructions for retrieving that here.

Now it's a bit unclear.
Did the drone start the motors and take off without any input from the RC? (Thread title and first post suggest this)
Or did you start and bring it up to 4ft before it set off alone??? (Your other post)

My guess: it's the latter

Last edited:
Now it's a bit unclear.
Did the drone start the motors and take off without any input from the RC? (Thread title and first post suggest this)
Or did you start and bring it up to 4ft before it set off alone??? (Your other post)

My guess: it's the latter

I started the drone. hovered at about 4 feet for a second then it just drifted at full speed and skipped across the street. and then slammed into a snow bank

I retrieved the DAT file how can I send that. It looks like it only will let me send a txt
You can upload it to a website like dropbox.com.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kento1328