DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Tracker

doubleplay86

Reactions
Anybody have experience with using PinpointRC to keep track of your drone in case of a flyaway? Looked into Ping but all of the bad reviews led me away and looking for a lower cost alternative to Marco Polo or trackimo.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Anybody have experience with using PinpointRC to keep track of your drone in case of a flyaway? Looked into Ping but all of the bad reviews led me away and looking for a lower cost alternative to Marco Polo or trackimo.

On these, you pay for what you get.

Handle your worst case and everything else is a piece of cake.

IF can you can guarantee that you will NEVER loose your drone where it ALWAYS has cell coverage then Trackimo is your tool.

IF you can't make that guarantee then Marco Pole is your tool

Last edited:
Sounds good, but the question was about PinpointRC and not the other two trackers as I already know about their capabilities.

Is there such a thing as a fly away with a mavic!? set your parameters to hover or return home, it's one or the other.

Is there such a thing as a fly away with a mavic!? set your parameters to hover or return home, it's one or the other.

Mine lost power (maybe FC failure) midflight the other day. Not sure I’d consider that a flyaway, but I would have loved to have a tracker. It was only 400 feet from where I took off, but it took me 3 days to find it.

Did you try the Find My Drone in Go 4?

Yes. It lost power and fell so the only thing Find My Drone would show was a depressing last known point (which was midflight) and a counter that displayed how long it was missing. Because there was no power, there was no transmission to locate it.

Yes. It lost power and fell so the only thing Find My Drone would show was a depressing last known point (which was midflight) and a counter that displayed how long it was missing. Because there was no power, there was no transmission to locate it.

Oh and the battery popped out when it hit the ground.

Trackimo's are fine when they work. I have a Marco Polo I'm selling if your interested send me a private message.

Same as ping, need cellular coverage where drone is flying.

I have a ping and it does work but coverage is spotty. I live out in country so as I fly it will go in and out of coverage. Have not tried it closer to City but I bet it works better.

My Ping works okay too. It updates a lot slower than some other trackers I've used (like the Trackimo). If having real-time updates isn't a must-have, then it's an option to consider.

Isn't there a sort of "community" of other users of Tile, etc. that could create a situation where someone else could be led to your drone before you recover it?

Isn't there a sort of "community" of other users of Tile, etc. that could create a situation where someone else could be led to your drone before you recover it?
Tile users aren't able to see the location of Tile devices owned by other people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d