DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone vs Hornet's Nest - An Epic Battle

There is no way that I would use any of my drones for that purpose.

Reactions: sarahb
Those white-faced hornets are the meanest **** bees you can find anywhere. I wouldn't have used my drone to chew up their nests, but it was a riveting video and the music was perfect. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: fignewton
Pretty sure I wouldn't do that either, but OTOH, we don't get hornets. We do get wasps and their nests aren't anywhere that big.

Seems like an expensive and risky way to get rid of a hornet’s nest, particularly when there are sprays that can shoot 15-20 feet. If you don’t have a bee suit, shooting from the safety of a vehicle, hopefully with powered windows, adds some protection.

However, this was a very interesting video demonstrating the durability of the drone. I’m curious as to what happened when the drone dropped from the screen. Did it have a chance to recover or did it go straight into the ground or maybe even the tree?

The latter poses the problem of recovering a drone stuck in foliage with a whole nest of hornets looking for something to sink their stingers into!

Happy bouncing on the trampoline.

Of course you could have just left them alone and they would have done the same... They’re not interested in you (or your trampoline).
"Bald-faced hornets will attack anyone or anything that invades their space, unlike other stinging insects that may only sting when they feel extremely threatened.

They are easily agitated by outside noises and are sensitive to vibrations, which often travel through the air."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor