DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone-World closed shop. I'm hacked off.

lwpratt

Reactions
Had an order in with them, was charged for it. NO communications back. Saw on another site that a guy had his friend go by there, to get his controller back. He said the store was cleaned out. Basically had to threaten them to get the remote. They hadn't even opened it. The web site is down now as well. I'm pretty hacked. Very poor business ethics to take people's money, knowing they were closing shop.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Had an order in with them, was charged for it. NO communications back. Saw on another site that a guy had his friend go by there, to get his controller back. He said the store was cleaned out. Basically had to threaten them to get the remote. They hadn't even opened it. The web site is down now as well. I'm pretty hacked. Very poor business ethics to take people's money, knowing they were closing shop.
If you paid by credit card you maybe covered by the card?

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Contact your credit card company right away and either do a charge-back or report fraud. Either way you shouldn't be on the hook at all. You'll probably have to wait for the charge to actually post (if it hasn't already) before you can open any claims.

I very much agree with the credit card advice and the reason I use credit card for all purchases, I don't know how it works legally in the US but in the UK you get proper legal protection when using a credit card while a debit card only has a much weaker voluntary chargeback system.

I very much agree with the credit card advice and the reason I use credit card for all purchases, I don't know how it works legally in the US but in the UK you get proper legal protection when using a credit card while a debit card only has a much weaker voluntary chargeback system.

It's the same here in North America. There is virtually no reason not to use a credit card for every possible purchase, whether it be $0.01 or $10,000. Not only is it even faster than cash, but rewards programs pay you to use them, you have ~40 days to pay, and numerous protections/incentives come even with basic no-fee cards. You're also fully protected from fraud unless you are grossly negligent (i.e. giving someone your PIN). I have one credit card that pays me 2% on everything, and another card that pays 1% on everything and has no FX conversion fee (for traveling or international purchases). Cash or debit and you're SOL when stuff like this happens unless there is a legal option you can pursue, presumably at great time/cost.

Pay pal called me to find out if I had received everything from drone world. I use PP and its linked to a CC for two lines of defense in case of problems with online purchases.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev