DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Zone Authorization Waiver

R.Cowan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello fellow pilots,
I'm part 107 certified and looking for some guidance. I've been awarded and very large construction project with it starting biweekly for 6 months and then weekly for another 24 months. It is in a zero grid LAANCE supported airport. I have applied through Drone Zone for the needed authorization waiver, and it will only allow me to apply for a single day. I know there is a way to apply for longer (Maybe 1 year) and not have to submit a request for every mission but haven't found that option. I'm looking for help from anyone that has applied for a long term authorization waiver. Thanks very much!

When that pops up, simply click through it and ignore it.

When you get to the date drop down menus, you can only select one day (as you found out). So do that. However, in the description you can simply mention that you need it for more than one day, and tell them what end date you need. And I'd add about 3 months to it for possible construction delays.

They may only give you one year, so you'll need to reapply before it expires. If you're using DJI, you'll also likely need to unlock the drone. You can get up to 12 months at a time for the custom unlock as well.

And as a point of clarification, you're not applying for an "Authorization Waiver". There is no such thing. You'd be applying for an airspace authorization. Waivers are operational in nature, and only if you need to fly outside 107 regulations (OOP, BLVOS, etc.).

When that pops up, simply click through it and ignore it.

When you get to the date drop down menus, you can only select one day (as you found out). So do that. However, in the description you can simply mention that you need it for more than one day, and tell them what end date you need. And I'd add about 3 months to it for possible construction delays.

They may only give you one year, so you'll need to reapply before it expires. If you're using DJI, you'll also likely need to unlock the drone. You can get up to 12 months at a time for the custom unlock as well.

And as a point of clarification, you're not applying for an "Authorization Waiver". There is no such thing. You'd be applying for an airspace authorization. Waivers are operational in nature, and only if you need to fly outside 107 regulations (OOP, BLVOS, etc.).
Thank you so much, Vic Moss with this great information and correction to my terminology. Exactly the guidance I was looking for!

Reactions: Vic Moss
@R.Cowan I did the same too for the same reasons for a multifamily project. I was able test and get LAANC approvals via Air Control with manual review (0' AGL restriction) in two-three days' time for the day in question. But I did file for a blanket airspace authorization for a two year time frame so I can get out there quick when certain milestones on site occur.

I am also applying for OOP Waiver with combination prop guards and parachute on a Mavic 3 Pro using the Manti 3 Plus system. The drone will be transiting over parking lots and streets in the loops around the outside perimeter of the construction site so belts and suspenders applies for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas