DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneLink for MM changes everything

Wow! I wonder if I could download the hobbyist version on my iPad mini 5 (64GB + Wi-Fi), as well as desktop PC?

Alternatively, you could use your phone as a wifi hotspot and connect your iPad to it and access the Internet that way.

I bought the Dronelink Hobbyist license last night and spent a couple of hours playing with the web-based planner, and I have to say that even if Litchi was able to support waypoint missions right now, I'd rather use Dronelink. It does make you feel that you can get the drone to do anything you want. I've been griping about the lack of waypoint missions since my first day on this forum, and I was angry all over again when, after 7 months of waiting, I found out Litchi wouldn't support them. Then suddenly, boom, here's something better! Yes, this completely changes my attitude toward the Mini: It is now a serious camera drone instead of a toy. I still can't believe DJI omitted this feature, but now, screw 'em! Looking forward to some field testing today, if the weather cooperates.
I bought the Dronelink Hobbyist license ---> and unlike you .. I can't seem to get off the ground (excuse the pun) with it. Can you give me a ISMPLE step by step to .. how to login (have on my mini iPad) and actually do ANYTHING after that?? Want to attempt plan a mission. Am familiar with Litchi (no problems) with MAvic Pro but I have Mavic Mini as well. Wanted to try out Dronelink, but not too intuitive so far? Please help? Merv F. Perth Australia

I bought the Dronelink Hobbyist license ---> and unlike you .. I can't seem to get off the ground (excuse the pun) with it. Can you give me a ISMPLE step by step to .. how to login (have on my mini iPad) and actually do ANYTHING after that?? Want to attempt plan a mission. Am familiar with Litchi (no problems) with MAvic Pro but I have Mavic Mini as well. Wanted to try out Dronelink, but not too intuitive so far? Please help? Merv F. Perth Australia

Take a look at these videos: Dronelink 101: How To Use Dronelink on Vimeo

They will take you through everything. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there are videos that start with account creation, installation, etc. Look for the videos with the big purple tag that says, "Dronlink 101." At the bottom of the video thumbnail, you will see a short descriptions of what each video is about.

Good luck! It's really a great program.

Without knowing exactly where you're getting stuck, all I can say is you absolutely need to watch the tutorials to use Dronelink. However, it sounds like you're trying to plan a mission through the app itself? That's not how it works. It's possible to do some things "on the fly," but to plan a mission, you have to log into your account on the dronelink.com website through a browser, which takes you directly into the mission planner. Then, when you save a mission into your repository, you will see it when you log into the phone app.

While it’s entirely possible to construct a mission on a pad, or even a phone, it’s easier on a desktop or laptop, especially for beginners. Dronelink is commercial-grade software being adapted by the hobbyist market. The on-board limitations of the Mavic Mini have brought many new customers on board, but the learning curve is a little steep, and I’m sure the booming newcomer business has been a mixed blessing for developers. I was just getting into it good when I bought a MA2 (not yet supported) and sold my Mini, so I haven’t yet tried to go much deeper.

I am so excited, I have been going through the DroneLink 101 videos and playing around with the DroneLink planning app.
Today I just heard from my park district that I will be getting a permit for flying in a local park whenever the fields are not in use for an organized activity.
I really want to try this 'Plan' out. It's a growing orbit that will then use a Destination command to jet the drone back over me before the RTH executes.
I'm thinking this of some variation off of it could be used for something like Real estate photos.
On auto photo it should take a smathering of photos, or it could even be set up for doing a video of a property.

Anyway I'm excited that the park district has permitted me for the fall so I can try out a variety of 'Plans' in a nice open space.

Now if the winds would just drop down to gusts under 15 it would be awesome.

Capture-001.PNG

Reactions: Mrveronn and egoldy
I would like to submit some samples of curved flight lines (mission plans for fixed-wing drones as well as for multi-rotors) for your consideration. Could these missions be planned using DroneLink?

Attachments

• Purtuniq - Quebec - Canada Image.jpg
    Purtuniq - Quebec - Canada Image.jpg
    956.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Peeble Creek Mine Second TEST 021819 Image.jpg
    Peeble Creek Mine Second TEST 021819 Image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • NM TL Corridor State Plane Output 021919 Image.jpg
    NM TL Corridor State Plane Output 021919 Image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • Drone Mission Plan (Curved Flight Lines).jpg
    Drone Mission Plan (Curved Flight Lines).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • Bessemer Airport POINTS 021619.jpg
    Bessemer Airport POINTS 021619.jpg
    962.8 KB · Views: 30
I tried submitting some examples of curved flight line missions to determine whether or not DroneLink could be used. Now, I'll submit only one and see if that goes through.

Attachments

• Purtuniq - Quebec - Canada Image.jpg
    Purtuniq - Quebec - Canada Image.jpg
    956.1 KB · Views: 33
I tried submitting some examples of curved flight line missions to determine whether or not DroneLink could be used. Now, I'll submit only one and see if that goes through.
Have you watched any of the Dronelink videos? It provides circular orbits and spirals, straight or curved paths laid out waypoint by waypoint, and automatic mapping of a given area with S-curves. With a LOT of work, I think you could do something similar to those paths -- I think you could string together partial-circle orbit components for most of it -- but I think it would be a really tedious PITA, and you'd probably need to break them up into smaller plans (which should be okay, since I don't know of any RC aircraft that could fly that far on one battery, anyway). If you're into programming and those paths can be described mathematically, it might be possible to write a script to fly them.

Reactions: egoldy
I am having issue with Dronelink and mavic mini missions. I go to take off and it says "unable to control" the drone so I have to dismiss and cannot complete any part of the mission. I have posted in Dronelink forums and have not been able to figure out, other than I may not have the app closed in the background which I thought I did. Here are screenshots below and test mission from my backyard. Dronelink suggested I may be in a DJI no fly zone but I can fly in the DJI fly app in my backyard fine. Also anyone know what the red "r" is with the signals after at top left of screen? Wondering if that could be the issue. Not sure what to do or what is causing it. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200908-230745_Dronelink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200908-230745_Dronelink.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20200908-230756_Dronelink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200908-230756_Dronelink.jpg
    923.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20200911-110151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200911-110151_Chrome.jpg
    683.9 KB · Views: 31
New here. I have downloaded rainbow for android but haven't used it yet. I was actually about to do that right now. But now I'm hearing about dronelink for android. So I went to the app store to download but couldn't find it. What am I missing here?

New here. I have downloaded rainbow for android but haven't used it yet. I was actually about to do that right now. But now I'm hearing about dronelink for android. So I went to the app store to download but couldn't find it. What am I missing here?
You have to buy it from the dronelink.com website. Click "Get started."

When I tested a few weeks ago, Rainbow didn't work with the Mini.

Rainbow allowed me to do a way point flight. It worked perfect. Then I tried again and it hit me with the purchase prompt lol. I'm scared to use any considering it would not help me with dji care if I crash. I love the thought of it, but I hate the thought of crashing and not getting a replacement.

My biggest fear is dronelink or litchi failing or having a flyaway etc. I can manage trees and obstacles myself as I've been racing custom quads for a few years, but If the software just gives up and I fall from the sky.......

I've been reading alot into dronelink and litchi and they seem amazing. After having the mini work with the trial of rainbow I was so excited.... But how often does the software fail and claim a quad ? Is it usually just user error and not the software?

Definitely look at the beginners how video how to create the first simple path mission so you get idea how the enviroment components and mission is build.Create a mission set up your take off place and select in Takeoff restriction -Specific area that way you can increase a circle of radius within you must stay for the take off.Now you can take off manually with mavic mini this way -->push both sicks to the bottom inner (or outer) corners to start the motor. Then push the left stick up to get in the air. Then load and start the mission form dronelink app. Hope this helps a bit

Attachments

• spec area take off.png
    spec area take off.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: egoldy
Rainbow allowed me to do a way point flight. It worked perfect. Then I tried again and it hit me with the purchase prompt lol. I'm scared to use any considering it would not help me with dji care if I crash. I love the thought of it, but I hate the thought of crashing and not getting a replacement.

My biggest fear is dronelink or litchi failing or having a flyaway etc. I can manage trees and obstacles myself as I've been racing custom quads for a few years, but If the software just gives up and I fall from the sky.......

I've been reading alot into dronelink and litchi and they seem amazing. After having the mini work with the trial of rainbow I was so excited.... But how often does the software fail and claim a quad ? Is it usually just user error and not the software?
Better then Rainbow is RedWaypoint but Dronelink is the best in my opinion and experience.

I am having issue with Dronelink and mavic mini missions. I go to take off and it says "unable to control" the drone so I have to dismiss and cannot complete any part of the mission. I have posted in Dronelink forums and have not been able to figure out, other than I may not have the app closed in the background which I thought I did. Here are screenshots below and test mission from my backyard. Dronelink suggested I may be in a DJI no fly zone but I can fly in the DJI fly app in my backyard fine. Also anyone know what the red "r" is with the signals after at top left of screen? Wondering if that could be the issue. Not sure what to do or what is causing it. Any help is appreciated.
I have the red left message all the time and no issues, i wonder if you try a different cellphone or tablet or check the wifi channels available and select a manual this is done in DJI native app,good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure