DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneMate app - anyone used this?

Aerophile

Reactions
Anyone here tried the DroneMate app? It purports to provide "all the current rules for traveling with and flying your drone worldwide." Any first-hand experience, impressions, reviews, etc.?

I do a bit of international travel, and of course there are times and places I'd like to send up the drone for some overhead shots. Like this one (obligatory eye candy)...
DJI_0160.jpg
As anyone who has taken their drone abroad knows (or soon finds out, if they bother to look..) it can be a chore to simply find out what the local regulations actually are. In some places the regulations are easy to discover, easy to understand, easy to comply with, and not a high barrier to flying your drone. But in other places, not so much. To make matters worse, there's a whole internet full of contradictory, out-of-date, just plain wrong stuff, complete BS, and other nonsense out there, all purporting to be actual information. Given the risks for violation regulations, either willfully or out of ignorance/being misinformed (consequences could include confiscation of your drone, big fines, even jail time) I'd like to be able to find good, solid info on what the regs are and what people actually experience.

I'm planning several trips abroad (and thinking about several more), and am hoping to find places to fly. Being able to easily find reliable, current info about the regulations and restrictions on drone use (or merely having one in my carry-on bag when I enter the country) would be very helpful. So far, I've found no good, accurate, and (most of all) up-to-date source of info on foreign drone regs.

This app claims to solve all that (well, at least knowing what the rules are, no help with what happens if caught breaking them...), with a user community providing "corrections" and updates. In theory that sounds like a good option, but I can only imagine that keeping such a thing updated could easily become a full-time job...so I wonder if this really is -- as claimed -- all the current rules for traveling with and flying your drone worldwide.

Anyone here used this app? Thanks for your insights.

Cheers.

I can only agree that researching international rules and regs can be a chore. I also travel with my drone to other countries and it is often a chore to find all the local and regional rules. If this app works, it will be a blessing.

I'd say that it's impossible for any app to provide current information on all drone regulations in all locations of the planet. Or even for only the United States.

"DroneMate is an app I created that shows you the international rules for flying a drone in every country in the world."

Nope.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_