DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronerepeat

Austromark

Reactions
Hello pilots,I wondered if anyone has used or uses Dronerepeat?
If you don't know what it is..
When you take photo using DroneRepeat it will ask if you'd like to save the shot. This will save the location, altitude, heading and gimbal pitch so the shot can be repeated later.
Time lapse heaven,it's available on IOS but not android I was wondering if there's also a way to accomplish this using Android?
Thanks mark

I wondered if anyone has used or uses Dronerepeat?
Haven’t used it but according to the App Store, the only Mavic it works with is the Pro. Although more expensive, you could probably achieve the same thing using a single waypoint in something like Dronelink.

I just set up a waypoint mission in Litchi to take several photos. I then run the same mission regularly to get the same photo at different times.

I acquired the latitude, longitude, altitude, gimbal/drone heading and gimbal pitch from the flight logs by first flying the mission manually with the Go 4 App and taking my preferred pictures after framing them manually.

You have to use the Go4 App for the initial set up as it will show exactly when you took a photo in the flight logs whereas Litchi does not.

Reactions: Austromark
I just set up a waypoint mission in Litchi to take several photos. I then run the same mission regularly to get the same photo at different times.

I acquired the latitude, longitude, altitude, gimbal/drone heading and gimbal pitch from the flight logs by first flying the mission manually with the Go 4 App and taking my preferred pictures after framing them manually.

You have to use the Go4 App for the initial set up as it will show exactly when you took a photo in the flight logs whereas Litchi does not.
Hi Barbara,thanks for your quick reply could you please explain how you viewed the flight log on your drone (mavic 2?) to save capture all the flight details to make a waypoint mission in Litchi...ex which apps and the process you found worked for you.
Thankyou mark

Haven’t used it but according to the App Store, the only Mavic it works with is the Pro. Although more expensive, you could probably achieve the same thing using a single waypoint in something like Dronelink.
Dronerepeat doesn't fully support my MP2,you can connect to the drone and get a fpv but it won't allow you to take photos or video.Im slowly thinking maybe the easiest solution is to use waypoint 2.0?

Hi Barbara,thanks for your quick reply could you please explain how you viewed the flight log on your drone (mavic 2?) to save capture all the flight details to make a waypoint mission in Litchi...ex which apps and the process you found worked for you.
Thankyou mark
The method I use is a bit of a process, and I am sure there are other ways to do this, but this works for me. I apologize if my explanation is verbose, but I don't know how much you know.

• First step is to fly the mission manually using the Go 4 App. Fly to the locations you want to take the picture and make sure you frame them as you want them (heading and gimbal pitch). Take only one picture at each location.
  • Next I get the flightlog files from my device. These are the .txt files. On my CrystalSky, an android device, they are located: DJI>dji.go.v4>FlightRecord. I transfer the file I want to my PC.
  • Once transferred to my PC, I open the AirData UAV website. I have a free account there which I find more than adequate for my usage. Once I'm logged in, I upload the flightlog to the website.
    Note: There is an App by Airdata, for Android, which will sync your logs with their website. I like to keep a copy of the flightlogs on my PC, so I do it manually.
  • Once my flightlog is loaded, I select it. On the Overview tab, which is the default, you will see options to download the file in various formats. I choose CSV so I can download it into a spreadsheet, Excel.
  • Once opened in my spreadsheet, you will see many columns of information. I just get rid of the columns I don't need then filter on the column "isPhoto". The values in the column will be "1" only when you snapped a photo. The information you want will be in the rows associated with those 1's.
  • Last step, set up the mission in Litchi using the data points you got from the spreadsheet.
Hope this was of some help and if you have questions, feel free to ask.

A final note: I have been running the mission I created daily for a few weeks now. The results are not quite what I hoped as it quickly became evident that the pictures were NOT being taken from exactly the same location each time. There are minor variations in both altitude and coordinates. Unfortunately, as Litchi does not record when the photo was taken in the flightlog, I can't determine how far off it is. The longer the shot, the less apparent the variation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk