DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones and Wildwood Beach

zachschul22

Reactions
Hello,
I would like to fly my drone at wildwood beach for an event this weekend. The event organizer said no drones because of a heliport close by which makes no sense to me.
AirMap doesn't show a heliport but when I google it, it shows a privately owned heliport for air tours in what looks like uncontrolled airspace. The heliport also says that their is no control tower.
I am part 107 certified and AirMap is telling me that there are only schools close by but not on the beach. Verifly says there is a heliport but it is it confusing me because multiple trustworthy sources are saying different things about the heliport.
The address the event is at is 4501 boardwalk, wildwood, NJ.
If someone can help me out with this, that would be appreciated. I know what I'm doing with checking regulations in the area before I go but it is just confusing for me this go around.

What I found out many New Jersey codes near beaches that I visited flat out banned drones in almost all instances when you read the language except for emergency response/police/etc

id look up the county regulations and go from there, based on my research of LBI it sounded like NJ is not drone friendly

Reactions: AMann
What I found out many New Jersey codes near beaches that I visited flat out banned drones in almost all instances when you read the language except for emergency response/police/etc

id look up the county regulations and go from there, based on my research of LBI it sounded like NJ is not drone friendly

I have used my drone at LBI. The lifeguards there even asked for a picture and video from me which I gladly did for them!
I tried calling the heliport and the local police but they said the city can help but they are closed for today. It's dumb that their are no obvious regulations in wildwood.

Anyone else have any input on this?

Who did you call, the heliport manager?

If not, you can get the name and number here:

Also, “in what looks like uncontrolled airspace...”? Hope you meant “on the sectionals, it’s Class E with a floor starting at 700’ above the surface, and Class G below that”. Airspace type should be known for sure before flying anywhere. I always use a paper sectional, or one like this (finger scroll the map to your area, or input city and state so search): VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

Hope it works out, getting shots at the beach sounds like a fun project!

Last edited:
I have used my drone at LBI. The lifeguards there even asked for a picture and video from me which I gladly did for them!
I tried calling the heliport and the local police but they said the city can help but they are closed for today. It's dumb that their are no obvious regulations in wildwood.

Anyone else have any input on this?

That is interesting because when you look at the ecode for beach haven it basically prohibits all use how I read it, launching/landing, now I guess ship bottom or other areas might be different but I was in beach haven

Im am curious myself. If I read all the legal jargon you basically cannot fly anywhere in NJ. No State Parks, beaches etc.
The post above is old. I wonder if things changed. Thinking to take to the air in LBI NJ. and not get the death penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: zachschul22
Im am curious myself. If I read all the legal jargon you basically cannot fly anywhere in NJ. No State Parks, beaches etc.
The post above is old. I wonder if things changed. Thinking to to the air in LBI NJ. and not get the death penalty.

I’ve seen about 3 or 4 drones when I went to the event back then. No enforcement of any kind. Police everywhere as well. Everyone was having a good time with drones flying over them on a Jeep packed beach in wildwood.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe