DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones are now banned from flying in these UK parks to 'reduce risk to the public'.

It's a shame for them, and fortuitous for drone owners, that these Muppets don't own or control the airspace so this is pretty much a joke.

Except it’s not under UK civil law. They absolutely can prohibit drones in parks in the UK. Enforcement is quite another matter though :)

I live in Spain, a great place to live but not a great place for Drones, banned in all National Parks, banned near Residencial areas, banned on the beaches, in fact banned in most places. Mind you unless you behave in a stupid way nobody takes much notice and there are plenty of empty areas out here.

Going to Morocco soon and drones are banned completely. In fact if they catch you trying to bring one in or take one out it’s seized, end of ball game!

Not a popular hobby is it simply caused by the irresponsible behaviour of a minority.

Reactions: SpinItUp
Does that mean you cannot stand inside the park boundary and pilot your aircraft. Or does it mean you cannot fly over the park. Do they have the lawful right to control the airspace above a park?

Does that mean you cannot stand inside the park boundary and pilot your aircraft. Or does it mean you cannot fly over the park. Do they have the lawful right to control the airspace above a park?

Complete ban and yes they can but only under UK civil law so no police enforcement.

Flying in parks doesn’t seem like a very smart idea. If you had some kind of malfunction or technical failure and somone got hurt, you’d feel dreadful...at least I hope you would.

Head out into the country side. Seek out isolated spots to fly, it’s part of the fun.

I live in the South Wales valleys. The sun is shining today so as soon as I've finished tiling the bathroom I'll be up the lakes with the dog getting some mavic pro time in. The stream feeding the lake should make a beautiful pic. Just have to watch for the power lines at the bottom end!View attachment 55025
Nice pic. I left the UK over twenty years ago and moved to Bosnia. There are no laws here against drone flying at this time (no doubt they will start restricting flights eventually). I did do the UK Pfco course last year so do follow the rules I learnt on that course here in Bosnia. It's a beautiful place to film though, much like Wales ...... So many mountains and forests. I've taken thousands of pictures and hundreds of video footage on both the Mavic Pro and the P4P. Now doing Aerial Mapping for a living though I still take time out to photograph the hills and mountains though. I might come to Wales to take some footage next year. Attached is a picture taken in August this year of Boracko lake in Herzegovina. A beautiful spot well worth a visit for anyone interested in hassle free Drone flying. Cheers.
I live in the South Wales valleys. The sun is shining today so as soon as I've finished tiling the bathroom I'll be up the lakes with the dog getting some mavic pro time in. The stream feeding the lake should make a beautiful pic. Just have to watch for the power lines at the bottom end!View attachment 55025Nice Pic. Attached is a pic I took in August this year in Herzegovina (Bosnia).It's of Boracko lake. At this time there are no laws against flying drones (beyond those of common sense) in Bosnia Herzegovina. I moved from the UK to Bosnia over 20 yrs ago. There is an endless amount of equally beautiful spots to film in Bosnia for those interested in visiting. I highly recommend it. Cheers.
DJI_0020.JPG

Reactions: old man mavic
Complete ban and yes they can but only under UK civil law so no police enforcement.
Thank for clearing that up for me. I have a council park at the back of my house. It is where I practice manoeuvres with my Mavic. I don't know of any bans that apply. The park is not used by anyone really so no fear of hurting or bothering anyone.

Thank for clearing that up for me. I have a council park at the back of my house. It is where I practice manoeuvres with my Mavic. I don't know of any bans that apply. The park is not used by anyone really so no fear of hurting or bothering anyone.

You’ll be fine. The plod have better things to be doing. Just be sensible and on the off chance someone vaguely official looks to move along, nod and smile and pack up. Always works for me :)

Reactions: old man mavic
I am very sure someone will correct me quickly if I am wrong, but in UK, do not public parks come under the classification of 'congested areas' in CAP393 article 95 2a(1)? If so, no flying within 150m, unless you hold a PfCO. Its a CAA (i.e national) regulation. If you hold PfCO, it is a condition that you have to have landowners permission, anyway. Suspect in other parts of the world rules are very similar.

Last edited:
I am very sure someone will correct me quickly if I am wrong, but in UK, do not public parks come under the classification of 'congested areas' in CAP393 article 95 2a(1)? If so, no flying within 150m, unless you hold a PfCO. Its a CAA (i.e national) regulation. If you hold PfCO, it is a condition that you have to have landowners permission, anyway. Suspect in other parts of the world rules are very similar.
No here. Rules are very sane
Even National parks in WA have recently relaxed their ban and you can now fly in them so long as you obey CASA regs.

Other than controlled airspace you are OK to fly so long as no aircraft are operating. No bans on flying over private property.

It depends, the three parks I mentioned in my earlier post are designated model aircraft flying areas. Notice boards around these parks all show that drone flying is allowed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3