DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones are now banned from flying in these UK parks to 'reduce risk to the public'.

Can’t beat council scaremongering, there’s numerous parks where local authorities have banned dogs or restrict the amount of dogs one person can walk, banned ball games etc. At least they are consistent in their protection of the public!

Here in Bristol there are only 3 public parks where we are officially allowed to fly. One is next to a hospital, children’s play area and wildlife area, another is next to a children’s play area and road, the last is, you guessed it, next to a play area and is surrounded by houses. No way would you be able to keep CAA distances from some of these no go areas other than by just hovering. In general, there is nothing worth using up memory card space there anyway and no-one can claim privacy with the number of cctv cameras that literally pepper the UK.

no-one can claim privacy with the number of cctv cameras that literally pepper the UK.
And don't forget dash-cams. Dash-cams should be used to settle insurance claims only, not to send a video to the rozzers because someone got overtaken when they were doing 30pmh in a 60mph limit and didn't like it!

You have to remember that there are different classes of drone, from nice sedate camera carriers through to drone racers and aerobatic hot ships zipping through the trees at head height at forty plus mph. Which ones are the powers that be not liking?

Guys,

Quick question for all you Welshman, while travelling to wales via the M4, when I approach the seven bridge, weathers great in England but as soon as leave the bridge & start heading into the welsh valleys it’s starts pi##ing down, happens all the time for me:( it’s it cos I’m a joaner....:)

You have to remember that there are different classes of drone, from nice sedate camera carriers through to drone racers and aerobatic hot ships zipping through the trees at head height at forty plus mph. Which ones are the powers that be not liking?
Well, they've banned all them, so I guess they mean all of them then! But I get what you're saying though.....

Guys,

Quick question for all you Welshman, while travelling to wales via the M4, when I approach the seven bridge, weathers great in England but as soon as leave the bridge & start heading into the welsh valleys it’s starts pi##ing down, happens all the time for me:( it’s it cos I’m a joaner....:)
I’m at the top of the second valley from the right. We have our own microclimate here with its own laws of nature. crops here are at least a month behind them 5 miles south in bridgend. I’m an irishman with a welsh wife so have a very good understanding of rain. ‘tis very pretty up here though. I spent an hour flying this lunchtime and then had a couple of pints all for less than a fiver so there are compensations.

Reactions: benny01 and Porky
the bridge toll is supposed to finish on the 17th of Dec 2018 as far as the rain is concerned you tend not to notice it so much when you live here more you notice it when its not raining if you only paid a quid at the toll it was a bloody long time since you came to Wales boyo
ps come back soon when the toll finishes

Reactions: Ren57 and Porky
For those interested in what's happening in Australia:-

Report – Parliament of Australia

Flying Into The Future: Australian Senate Inquiry Into Drones - Transport - Australia

One of the stand-out recommendations is that all drones weighing over 250 grams will need to be registered and pilots (of drones weighing over 250 grams) will likely need to pass an exam before being able to fly legally.
Dont have too much argument with these. My main worry is what fees they will charge. If say $5 then OK bu t if more than $100 I would be very unhappy.

what else can they ban... for public safety? i know ban foolbal games, after all its for the children.
they can only ban legal people from having fun.

the ones that are a problem will still be a problem.

what else can they ban... for public safety? i know ban foolbal games, after all its for the children.
they can only ban legal people from having fun.

the ones that are a problem will still be a problem.

You think you’ve got problems, I do target shooting with muzzle loading pistols as well as drone flying! Masochist or what? Not to mention my PPL.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000