DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones for less now shipping Crystalsky Ultra

The brightness is the only thing going for the CS, there's NO bells and whistles. Some might see that as a good thing to prevent bugs and/or conflicts and glitches, but **** DJI can't even give us CS owners what EVERY OTHER android Go4 user has already had for weeks now.

What are you comparing the CS to?

"EVERY OTHER android" using Go4

Apparently they are still on 4.1.6 whereas 4.1.10 has been available since 21/9/17 which has quickshot etc

I've got a 7.8" HB and yeah it is heavy and awkward when attached to an RC, even after five minutes. You will probably want a lanyard.
But in hindsight would you swap the the 5.5 or is the 7.8 so good it worth the hassle of using a lanyard

"EVERY OTHER android" using Go4

Apparently they are still on 4.1.6 whereas 4.1.10 has been available since 21/9/17 which has quickshot etc
But that's not the point of CrystalSky. It's a dedicated outdoor monitor for DJI drones. It's advertised as just that. Compared to other professional outdoor monitors, this has added bells and whistles. The fact it even has android, or a web browser for that matter, is an added bell and whistle. No where do they advertise it as an Android Tablet. Other professional monitors at that brightness are just monitors relying on HDMI signals to display their content, and they're more expensive.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Hi all, been out side in direct sun light and it's Frigging awsome!!!!!!

Finally got an Ultra (from Dubai of all places) and thought I'd set it up at here at home last night.

This thing is SO bright it actually hurt my eyes using it in a dimly lit room for an hour, even on the lowest brightness setting.

Here in the UK right now we are currently in amber storm conditions for the next few days so I won't be testing it outdoors any time soon.

Typical :rolleyes:

Oh, and coming to the CS from an iPad Mini 2 I've gotta say, 'HERE' satmaps seriously suck, my entire hometown is under clouds?! :(

IMG_8513.JPG

IMG_8516.JPG

Finally got an Ultra (from Dubai of all places) and thought I'd set it up at here at home last night.

This thing is SO bright it actually hurt my eyes using it in a dimly lit room for an hour, even on the lowest brightness setting.

Here in the UK right now we are currently in amber storm conditions for the next few days so I won't be testing it outdoors any time soon.

Typical :rolleyes:

Oh, and coming to the CS from an iPad Mini 2 I've gotta say, 'HERE' satmaps seriously suck, my entire hometown is under clouds?! :(

View attachment 23568

View attachment 23569
CS has bad GPS?

Greetings All, I received my CS Ultra Bright a few weeks ago, and so far I've passed what I consider 2 Mile Stones, my 1st flight with the CS Ultra, I flew my Drone over San Pablo Bay (California) at a distance of 4200 feet, normally, I would only go about 1800 feet due to what I could see on the iPad Mini 4, and was afraid of losing the Drone, my 2nd flight with the CS Ultra, I flew the drone out to a distance of 10,820 feet, the Monitor makes all the difference in the world, and easily pick up images that were hard to see on the iPad. I had considered going with the High Bright CS Monitor, but figured that since the Ultra has a larger storage capacity, in the long run the prices would be not far from each other after purchasing additional storage cards for the High Bright Monitor. All in All, I would highly recommend the Ultra Bright Monitor to anyone, it is well worth the money

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143