DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones in Agriculture

Josh Bach

Reactions
Hi all!

Is anyone on here using their mavic for agricultural purposes?
I'm trying to find out what I need for commercial and private drainage mapping, as well as NDVI setups for biomass and yield predictions.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro
Thanks in advance!

Is anyone on here using their mavic for agricultural purposes?
I'm trying to find out what I need for commercial and private drainage mapping, as well as NDVI setups for biomass and yield predictions.
You'll have to wait until the mapping software makers like DroneDeploy update their programs to be compatible with the M2.
For NDVI, you'll need a specially modified camera rather than the normal RGB camera.

So once DroneDeploy release the software for it, do they then say how the footage needs to be taken?
As well as releasing the detailed imagery?

So no other certification is required to legally advise clients on drainage mapping solutions?
(I am from Australia if that changes anything)

So once DroneDeploy release the software for it, do they then say how the footage needs to be taken?

So no other certification is required to legally advise clients on drainage mapping solutions?
(I am from Australia if that changes anything)
It sounds like the idea of photogrammetry with a drone is a new concept for you.
You'll find plenty of material with a little google searching.
DroneDeploy's website might be a good place to start to get some basics:
Powerful Drone & UAV Mapping Software | DroneDeploy

do they then say how the footage needs to be taken?
Once you launch the DroneDeploy app, you select the area you want to fly over, chose your height and that's it. There are of course more settings to tweak with, but in general you get your autonomous flight set up.

It depends on what plan you signed in. The 'Explorer' plan limits you to 500 images for a mission. If you need to cover a larger area, you must upgrade to one of their Pro, Agricultural or Enterprise plans.

So no other certification is required to legally advise clients
I can't answer this one. You have to lookup your local requirements.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio