DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones stolen, need help deciding replacement.

In all reality, I’ll just be lucky to fly at all again.

I’m an ex FF/FR, and I have ptsd and severe anxiety. They’ve tried cramming every pharmaceutical known down my throat, and I refuse.

Flying is my treatment and it works wonderfully, if I get out at sunrise and fly my anxiety goes away for most of the day, If I feel triggered I grab a charged pack and I open my back door.

My intuition tells me I really should get another Tello so I can fly indoors anytime, but with the sale of the family antique for $1200 I’m going for the very best I can afford right now.

I haven’t worked since 2012. I sold pretty much everything I owned to build the first fleet that was stolen.

Thanks everyone !

Last edited:
I'm an infantry vet with ptsd and I can commiserate.
Have a look at Team Rubicon Team Rubicon | Built To Serve
Its not only for military, someone with your skills will fit in as well.
Thank you for your service, combat vets are the real heroes. :)

I saw Team Rubicon on the show This Old House, what a great organization, I would love to be a part of something like that !

Thank you !

In all reality, I’ll just be lucky to fly at all again.

I’m an ex FF/FR, and I have ptsd and severe anxiety. They’ve tried cramming every pharmaceutical known down my throat, and I refuse.

Flying is my treatment and it works wonderfully, if I get out at sunrise and fly my anxiety goes away for most of the day, If I feel triggered I grab a charged pack and I open my back door.

My intuition tells me I really should get another Tello so I can fly indoors anytime, but with the sale of the family antique for $1200 I’m going for the very best I can afford right now.

I haven’t worked since 2012. I sold pretty much everything I owned to build the first fleet that was stolen.

Thanks everyone !
I'm going to offer a slightly different view here, altho it sounds like you've already considered this anyway. However I offer it just in case...

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your past experiences and how challenging life can be. I can relate as a disabled person who faces a lot of difficulties every day as well.

While I'm no longer a religious person, I've always remembered something said by some preacher decades ago: 'Never sacrifice the permanent on the altar of the temporary.' You've sold most of what you own to fund the fleet you lost. You speak of selling a prized family antique to fund this replacement UAV. Just be absolutely, positively, 100% certain it is worth it to give up something irreplaceable to fund something replaceable.

That said, if flying brings you more joy and comfort than any antique regardless of how prized it is, well... I guess that makes it easy. [emoji4] In that case, get the MP2 Zoom. I'd say go for the better sensor of the Pro but with a limited budget, the Zoom seems like the obvious choice. I love my MP1 but the new models look awesome and have better sensors (Update: for obstacle avoidance, etc)

Oh and make sure nobody feels safe enough to ever, ever steal your stuff again. [emoji6]

Better days to you!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkff