DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones with Super Powers

PapaBob

Reactions
A construction company I fly for let a local SWAT unit use a building they were demolishing for active shooter drills. The SWAT CO let me launch and land from inside the tape and I was wearing a safety vest identifying me as a drone pilot. After an initial risk assessment flight of the building exterior a curious bystander (who had observed my flight and thought I was SWAT) wanted to see the video of the guys in the building doing room clearing drills. I could not get a decent shot through windows much less walls.

I did my best, in plain English, to explain resolution limitations on cameras and why drones (even equipped with thermal imaging) can’t see through walls.

A major problem in our society is the subconscious acquisition of “knowledge” from movies and TV where one does not have a real life point of reference. I am curious as to how many of you have had experience with folks thinking drones have “superpowers?”

Not yet. I did have a guy approach me on a jet ski, he wanted me to shoot him driving around. I ended up doing a 2 minute video which he paid for.

Reactions: Bobvt
Amateurs. Everyone knows that you can “zoom in” and magically any object in frame will be visible with perfect clarity once rendered by a computer.

Did the drone wear a safety vest?

Those bullets get stray at times.

So much for "the drone was spying on me through the windows".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329