DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DRONESHIELD

gkrug

Reactions
An article on page 72 of Drone360 magazine entitled “The Drone Hunters” indicates the DRONESHIELD can reach out 1.2 miles and take control of the drone and have it make a soft landing. It’s use is against Hobbiest and bad guys who have entered Restricted air space. The shield does not damage the electronics of the drone.
Restricted areas would include hurricane damage, forest fires, Emergency Responders at major road and railroad accidents, etc.
This makes more sense if it’s use is limited to these incidents.

There are a few about now, would you believe even Kalashnikov makes one now, the REX-1 anti-drone gun.

What's a worry though, could corporations get these, and take down drones flying over or near 'their' land, 'their' airspace, even where it is in reality legally ok ?
Even if flying over say an industrial building at 400', and they decided they didn't like it, it'd be a pain to have to recover a drone in such a situation (legal process etc).
Our app here in Australia (Can I Fly There ?) now shows NFZs around fires, scrub fires, building fires, even vehicle fires, as well as controlled airspace NFZs and limited flight zones.

There are a few about now, would you believe even Kalashnikov makes one now, the REX-1 anti-drone gun.

What's a worry though, could corporations get these, and take down drones flying over or near 'their' land, 'their' airspace, even where it is in reality legally ok ?
Even if flying over say an industrial building at 400', and they decided they didn't like it, it'd be a pain to have to recover a drone in such a situation (legal process etc).
Our app here in Australia (Can I Fly There ?) now shows NFZs around fires, scrub fires, building fires, even vehicle fires, as well as controlled airspace NFZs and limited flight zones.

I would go to the FAA to get my drone. They control all airspace. I’m Commercial and stayed below 400’. Who knows, it might work. It better work!

I would go to the FAA to get my drone. They control all airspace. I’m Commercial and stayed below 400’. Who knows, it might work. It better work!

Would a commercial entity give your drone to FAA, I guess if not the Police could be contacted to follow up the theft.
A forced landing on their property might be awkward, but if they brought it down . . .

In Australia virtually all is fly under 400' both commercial and recreational use, unless commercial and CASA specific flight approval is gained.
Would need a good reason and be in a place acceptable to any risk, but we do have a lot of open land with little air traffic in some regions (and only at commercial level altitudes).

Reactions: gkrug
Would a commercial entity give your drone to FAA, I guess if not the Police could be contacted to follow up the theft.
A forced landing on their property might be awkward, but if they brought it down . . .

In Australia virtually all is fly under 400' both commercial and recreational use, unless commercial and CASA specific flight approval is gained.
Would need a good reason and be in a place acceptable to any risk, but we do have a lot of open land with little air traffic in some regions (and only at commercial level altitudes).

Sounds like beautiful country.
I would start with the FAA and then involve law enforcement. It may end up in court. It’s their call. I would sue for damages and court costs .

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan