DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronevideos.com? Has anyone been approached by them?

jakehinman

Reactions
G'day mates: I was approached by a website (dronevideos.com) to schedule an interview with them.
They notify drone operators with a 107 certificate of potential jobs in their respective local areas; they take a 50% finder's fee on all jobs any drone operator accepts. Has anyone worked with or heard of them? I'm curious about the viability of their operation. They seem legitimate (albeit a bit aggressive in their $ take), but they also may be a strong option for professional portfolio building, i.e. some work is better than no work. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Kordster
50% is ridiculously high. Given the sheer number of other similar ventures I'd tell them where they can put their "offer" and go see somewhere else if I was looking for such services...

50% is ridiculously high. Given the sheer number of other similar ventures I'd tell them where they can put their "offer" and go see somewhere else if I was looking for such services...
Thanks. That's about what I thought , too. I'll see if they negotiate the fee.

50% is really high. The AirVuz drone video sharing site doesn't go quite as far as actually lining up leads but you can activate a "Hire Me" button when you set up a profile and that's totally free. Also, traffic. AirVuz has an Alexa ranking of 28.5k meaning it is in the top 30k websites in the world traffic wise. Dronevideos isn't even in the top million sites. Full disclosure: I am the founder and majority owner of AirVuz. Notwithstanding that, the site is totally free so I would encourage people to check it out also we have a sponsored thread going in this forum right now.

Reactions: Kordster
50% is really high. The AirVuz drone video sharing site doesn't go quite as far as actually lining up leads but you can activate a "Hire Me" button when you set up a profile and that's totally free. Also, traffic. AirVuz has an Alexa ranking of 28.5k meaning it is in the top 30k websites in the world traffic wise. Dronevideos isn't even in the top million sites. Full disclosure: I am the founder and majority owner of AirVuz. Notwithstanding that, the site is totally free so I would encourage people to check it out also we have a sponsored thread going in this forum right now.
Thanks, Mike. I'll certainly create an account with you. Looks like a great site -- thanks for getting in touch and letting me know.

I think there's a bit of an "apples vs oranges" issue here. DroneVideos is more than just a lead generator. They also are doing all the of the upfront sales and client sourcing, as well as providing all of the back-end editing, delivery, and follow up. A 50/50 split might sound high but when you consider that your only role in the process is to show up, shoot the footage, and upload a raw unedited take, it's not as bad as you think, and not that uncommon in a lot of other photo/video related industries.

AirVuz looks interesting as well, but it seems more like a video sharing site that can be used as part of a larger marketing effort. If your goal is to provide a full service aerial imaging business, undertaking the full client cycle, then AirVuz definitely makes DroneVideos look like a rip-off. My only point is that they are sort of different models which provide different options for drone operators.

I fly for them (dronevideos). They are more legitimate than dronebase, skyswoop or others out there. You have to give them a demo video, do a face to face interview, submit to a background check, posses a part 107 etc, etc. I'm not located in one of their major areas so I don't get a lot of work but I have gotten many job offers, I usually decline them because its too far of a drive. The pay is what it is. everybody likes to talk trash about how valuable their time is and how much they charge because they can offer so much more but that's just talk. Fact is that drone photography is a pretty common skill and almost anyone can do a passable job. We like to think its technical and rare but any Joe blow with a $1000 and a couple of weeks of study can be a part 107 pilot. Dronevideos pays pretty good compared to others and they actually get you jobs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom