DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronie Vs POI for video

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I've been asked to capture some stills & video of a friend's house. No massive surrounding acreage, just the house. I'm primarily a stills shooter, and haven't used Dronie or POI mode. Looks like they do the same thing with POI offering custom control etc. If I'm just looking to spiral upwards over the house (with camera locked on house), it seems like Dronie might accomplish the same basic look with quicker setup, and less fumbling. I viewed a POI tut video, but he neglected to mention how to exit the POI mode -which appears to be toggle in/out Sport Mode. I'm just wondering if there are any other important features to be aware of in POI mode, as I may have a go with that.

EDIT: I tried POI, but the app was directing the drone towards some tall trees, so I aborted. I did a pull back reveal which was perfect for the scenario. But what is the best way to mark a point of interest so that wherever you navigate, the camera stays aimed at the POI? Would that be Spotlight Mode? If I wanted to pullback AND ascend, I would like the subject to remain centered, wherever I flew. I believe Spotlight does this ??? Thanks

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78