DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drop shippers

Tesadorn

Reactions
What do you guys think about drop shippers?

I purchased a fairly expensive accessory for the MPP and as it turns out they do NOT stock the item but instead place the "order" with the manufacturer to send it to me... Please note that I could have just ordered direct but did not because they were one state over. So I paid for priority shipping hoping that I would receive it this weekend for a trip(last one of the year).. Not gonna happen as it must be back-ordered (this is a guess as nothing has been communicated and it has not shipped).. I run a biz myself and would go out of biz if I started selling things I don't have...
I at the very minimum think they should disclose the fact they drop-ship so the buyer has a choice...

Yeah, I can't tell you how much equipment I have purchased that arrived in Adorama boxes before I just started buying everything from Adorama. Drop shipping should be noted, or at least shipping location should be accurate.

DJI service suuuuuucks just in general. I got another email, the 7th since I ordered, today about my MP2 that I bought from them on the 30th and still haven't received. They promised me their team was hard at work clearing this issue up with customs and I was like it shipped from Atlanta to Texas, there's no "customs". I wish I had just bought from Amazon and paid the taxes.

I run a biz myself and would go out of biz if I started selling things I don't have

DJI has been doing it for years. I remember the MP release fiasco in 2016 as if it was yesterday. They held peoples (and mine) money for months before shipping.

FYI, Walmart, Target, and Amazon are a few of many who allow their vendors to drop ship. Saves the seller warehousing costs and saves the buyer time. When you buy from a seller who is a dropshipper, sometimes you have to return a product to the company who actually sold it to the dropshipper, a real pain.

DJI has been doing it for years. I remember the MP release fiasco in 2016 as if it was yesterday. They held peoples (and mine) money for months before shipping.

FYI, Walmart, Target, and Amazon are a few of many who allow their vendors to drop ship. Saves the seller warehousing costs and saves the buyer time. When you buy from a seller who is a dropshipper, sometimes you have to return a product to the company who actually sold it to the dropshipper, a real pain.

Just curious, How could this save the buyer time? All drop-shippers do is cause problems.. Here is the reason. They add ZERO value... They are simple middlemen that just cause delays and extra layers of nonsense... For example.. In my case the product was the exact same price.. zero value added as a drop-shipper... If I had known that why would I buy from them? Its a bit different if they stock items provide returns and support the product all while selling it a bit cheaper than the manufacturer...

How could this save the buyer time?

By shipping directly to the customer. It has been going on and working well in most cases since capitalism emerged.

All drop-shippers do is cause problems.
They are simple middlemen that just cause delays and extra layers of nonsense

You cant paint all drop shippers with the same brush.

You might be bitter because you had a bad logistical and customer service experience, but drop shipping is a way of life these days and it's growing stronger.

"By shipping directly to the customer. It has been going on and working well in most cases since capitalism emerged. "
I literately am confused.. Drop-shippers do not ship direct.. The NAME implies that! I have been involved in eCommerce for 15 years and have never heard such a thing..

"You might be bitter because you had a bad logistical and customer service experience, but drop shipping is a way of life these days and it's growing stronger. "
Yes a bit bitter! haha that is true!
Regarding it growing stronger... Not true.. its usually used by fly -by-night one off's that do not last very long... Its actually one of Amazons LARGEST fraud problems.. The funny thing is it ONLY hurts other businesses and consumers! NOT Amazon!

I literately am confused.. Drop-shippers do not ship direct.. The NAME implies that! I have been involved in eCommerce for 15 years and have never heard such a thing..

Wiki is your friend:

Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers the customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.

Exactly! The second party ships the product! and then the drop shipper washes their hands of the problem!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS