DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drop the controller, broke the right stick?

Just to give you an update..

After a couple of days, waiting an answer from them to understand if i could get a new RC or what, I sent my RC to DJI last Wednesday (they ask me to send also the aircraft to be sure the new RC will pair correctly) and as from UPS Tracking website, they received the parcel on Friday. Unfortunately on their website the state is still on "To be Received"... Already text them yesterday but didn't get any response.
So far very disappointed with DJI customer service.

I broke my left stick and fixed it myself the same day. Opened the controller, removed the stick assembly and glued/aligned back the broken pivot. Got it all 100% perfect back again. Took the chance to improve both sticks, now a lot smoother and precise and with perfect resistance.

I will look up and see if I can find the thread in which I tell this with pics and better explanation. Had a hard time trying to find a new or even used controller for sale, and can´t depend on DJI service here.

I broke my left stick and fixed it myself the same day. Opened the controller, removed the stick assembly and glued/aligned back the broken pivot. Got it all 100% perfect back again. Took the chance to improve both sticks, now a lot smoother and precise and with perfect resistance.

I will look up and see if I can find the thread in which I tell this with pics and better explanation. Had a hard time trying to find a new or even used controller for sale, and can´t depend on DJI service here.

If I had known before that someone had already done it, I would have tried it as well. :(

Here it is: RC opened and fixed - Left stick (pictures)

The pivots are really delicate on this. Actually the whole magnetic stick is sensitive, even though the build and overall controller assembly is quite sturdy IMO. The stick pivot can bend, and won´t go back because it´s plastic. I had to crack it off, glue and align at the same time, then make reinforcements and put it all back together a few times, adjusting things untill perfect. Not too easy but DIYers can make it alright. Good luck!

Here it is: RC opened and fixed - Left stick (pictures)

The pivots are really delicate on this. Actually the whole magnetic stick is sensitive, even though the build and overall controller assembly is quite sturdy IMO. The stick pivot can bend, and won´t go back because it´s plastic. I had to crack it off, glue and align at the same time, then make reinforcements and put it all back together a few times, adjusting things untill perfect. Not too easy but DIYers can make it alright. Good luck!

Thanks for the explanation, if you have any pictures/videos about that surgery please share them :p
Anyway, I hope that I won't be any more in the situation to assess whether or not to try it myself.

Unfortunately I didn´t do a video, only those pictures for the thread that could perhaps help someone with similar problems :rolleyes: I didn´t know if it would work in the first place, and since I was experimenting it took quite some time too. I just wanted to make it work and hopefuly get back to flying my Mavic again lol

Hi everybody, finally I just got back 2 days ago my mavic from holland assistance.
The repair ,cost me about 60€ to fix the stick, but apparently the replace the entire remote controller, from a first indoor test, it seems to all works properly.

For sure I'm gonna buy a neck cord to avoid any new drop.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat