DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drowned

barrancos

Reactions
Hello,

Today after 1 month flying I drowned my mavic. Flying under a quite tall bridge, when exiting according to the app i pushed to go down instead of up. My fault. I still have in my memory that i was pushing to go up, but according to the app i am wrong.

Before paying for a new mavic, could some kind soul double check ? Here is the csv :

Dropbox - 2017-06-17_10-23-35_Standard.csv

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Thanks in advance

Jordi

Were you able to retrieve the Mavic? If so, hopefully you had DJI Refresh

Hello,

Today after 1 month flying I drowned my mavic. Flying under a quite tall bridge, when exiting according to the app i pushed to go down instead of up. My fault. I still have in my memory that i was pushing to go up, but according to the app i am wrong.

Before paying for a new mavic, could some kind soul double check ? Here is the csv :

Dropbox - 2017-06-17_10-23-35_Standard.csv

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Thanks in advance

Jordi
i Think something we all have done at some point luckily for most of us it did not end badly (Although i did the same over a waterfall but yawed the wrong way and thought my Mavic was a duck) luckily it gave the tree a haircut whizzed out and was all good.

Sorry to hear you lost yours this way.

Reactions: barrancos
I still have in my memory that i was pushing to go up, but according to the app i am wrong.
Your flight log shows you had the throttle in the full down position at the end of the flight log.

Your flight log shows you had the throttle in the full down position at the end of the flight log.

Thanks msinger. Can you see there if sensors were on ? I always have them on , but just updated, and the mavic did not try to avoid the water.

Can you see there if sensors were on ?
Your log does not show whether or not VPS was enabled. Even if it was, the downward sensors do not avoid obstacles.

Thanks msinger. Can you see there if sensors were on ? I always have them on , but just updated, and the mavic did not try to avoid the water.
The sensors on the Mavic get confused by water they will not recognise it as water to the Mavic it is land and as such would attempt to land on it.

There are a lot of threads on flying over water and what to disable but as msinger says you were full throttle down so sensors on or off still means becoming a submarine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev