DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DSAR Drone Night SAR training

Very educational in what can be done with a drone and the right setup - thanks for the post.

Can you post a similar comparison showing images between the different FLIR models your members have at the next gathering?

The lighted landing pad is excellent as well, homebuilt?

Reactions: Gindra
Can you post a similar comparison showing images between the different FLIR models your members have at the next gathering?

Yeah, the landing pad was built by @crimjohnson. Took him 6 months. Has motion sensors and the coolest lights. Several us us wanted to buy it from him, but no sale. ;)

Last edited:

This time, no one else had a FLIR except the M2ED that I had and also tried. But the low-end FLIR on it was incapable of seeing anything useable in that darkness. We were all blown away by the Inspire with the XT camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMann
Wish I could have made it. Perhaps the next one.

Wish I could have made it. Perhaps the next one.

As one of the attendees said, "Good video on the night work. Spot on for conclusions.The most fun I've had in freezing cold in a long time, amazing how time flew by. "

As he said, it was cold. Very cold. When it was time to bring out the Inspire with the XT camera, my fingers were so cold (despite the gloves) as to be useless and Ralph had to help me configure the bird for flight. But still, great fun.

This time, no one else had a FLIR except the M2ED that I had and also tried. But the low-end FLIR on it was incapable of seeing anything useable in that darkness. We were all blown away by the Inspire with the XT camera.

My credit card would be blown away with that as well, who did it belong to, a SAR unit? Nice imagery!

My credit card would be blown away with that as well, who did it belong to, a SAR unit? Nice imagery!

I'm the new proud owner of the Inspire and XT camera. A DSAR member in Boston who is upgrading to an even more powerful drone and sensor, gave me a great deal on it. It was too good to pass up. ;)

I'm the new proud owner of the Inspire and XT camera. A DSAR member in Boston who is upgrading to an even more powerful drone and sensor, gave me a great deal on it. It was too good to pass up. ;)

Nice! Well, go out and find someone with it! ;)

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez