DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dual controls?

GeraldV

Reactions
Are there any apps/hardware that allow for dual controls with the M2P? I.e. that allow one person to fly the drone whilst another controls the gimbal and camera?

Are there any apps/hardware that allow for dual controls with the M2P? I.e. that allow one person to fly the drone whilst another controls the gimbal and camera?

It’s a surprise that DJI didn’t include the 2 controller setting that they had with the Mavic Pro in the MP2.
Using 2 controllers allowed you to train a rooky pilot whilst maintaining full control.

Are you sure it’s not in the settings ?

It’s a surprise that DJI didn’t include the 2 controller setting that they had with the Mavic Pro in the MP2.
Using 2 controllers allowed you to train a rooky pilot whilst maintaining full control.

Are you sure it’s not in the settings ?

Not that I have managed to find.

DJI put the cart in front of the horse on this, the dual controller firmware came out Wednesday, but the required v4.3.16 of Go4 wasn't out -- HOWEVER it appeared this morning for iOS (check your app store "updates". My Crystal Sky monitors (Android) say they are current at 4.3.14 -- I guess they don't have 4.3.16 available for Android. Sure wish they'd support their own product on a more timely basis

DJI put the cart in front of the horse on this, the dual controller firmware came out Wednesday, but the required v4.3.16 of Go4 wasn't out -- HOWEVER it appeared this morning for iOS (check your app store "updates". My Crystal Sky monitors (Android) say they are current at 4.3.14 -- I guess they don't have 4.3.16 available for Android. Sure wish they'd support their own product on a more timely basis
Play store has v4.3.16 for Android now as well - still not updating directly from system (still says v02.06.06.00 is most current) or app (says v4.3.14 is most current) when doing update check on Crystal Sky

I did a some experimenting with the new dual controller capability. I linked my smart controller to my Mavic 2P first, then linked my OEM controller with an iPad running DJI Go4 as a secondary controller. It seems that I had total control of my drone with either controller. Tried take off's and landings with either controller and had full video on both.

I then switched to Litchi on my iPad and opened a waypoint route. Starting the route, the upload of waypoints went smoothly and I flew the Litchi route without any problems and could monitor the route on both the smart controller and the iPad. The video cached to the iPad where I could watch it with iPhoto. I thought about buying the Android version of Litchi when a version kid released that works with the smart controller but now that I can load the mission with the iPad and then monitor it with the Smart Controller, no need to spend an additional $25.

With the smart controller turned off, I seemed to have full control of the drone with just the iPad running DJI Go4. So now I can use either controller without resetting the drone or use both simultaneously.

FIY, Dual Controller upgrade is also adding the latest NFZ in the M2Pro, FYI, I has been a bit of a nightmare for me as the new NFZ, I can't fly at home. I know I did not accept the new NFZ DB updates, so I was quite surprised that this happened.

I will do my first flights with Dual Controllers the next days. I bought a 2nd controller from eBay from a guy who purchased the SmartController instead the normal one. So I now have 2 OEM M2 Controllers.

For sure this feature helps „new pilots“ (secondary RC) flying with a „teacher“ (primary RC).

I like the 2xRC feature even more for getting more professional footage in video Mode.
- Primary Controller takes control of the flight path
- Secondary Controller controls the „Camera“ (gimbal) and starts / stops the video. DJI please allow us not only the vertical camera movement (gimbal wheel) but also the horizontal direction L/R of the gimbal. This would simply be great. Even better would be to have this function on the sticks, and not only on the wheel

I will do my first flights with Dual Controllers the next days. I bought a 2nd controller from eBay from a guy who purchased the SmartController instead the normal one. So I now have 2 OEM M2 Controllers.

For sure this feature helps „new pilots“ (secondary RC) flying with a „teacher“ (primary RC).

I like the 2xRC feature even more for getting more professional footage in video Mode.
- Primary Controller takes control of the flight path
- Secondary Controller controls the „Camera“ (gimbal) and starts / stops the video. DJI please allow us not only the vertical camera movement (gimbal wheel) but also the horizontal direction L/R of the gimbal. This would simply be great. Even better would be to have this function on the sticks, and not only on the wheel

Hi there!
This is great... I am looking for a second controller myself, mainly to have a camera operator on the slave RC and a pilot on the main one.

Please may you confirm the following after you test the set up

- isn’t it possible to configure the slave RC excluding it from piloting the drone and map the sticks to control tilt and pan? This is possible with the inspire series and it should be pretty simple to do it via software.

- alternatively can the slave remote control the pan movement tapping and dragging on the screen?

Looking forward to finding the second remote, how much did the second hand cost?
Thx for your inputs
BB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman