DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dual Frequency

Welsh pilot

Reactions
I fly the Mavic Pro 2 in the uk and have the option to choose between the 5.8 and 2.4ghz
Or simply choose Dual

I thought the higher Frequency was FCC and was not allowed in the UK
Or am I confused?

Last edited:
Or- you could just use NLD which will allow FCC power all the time, even in Europe. And you can also activate the “boost” mode for 1.8W of pure, unbridled joy that will quadruple your CE low power range. Go NLD!

Reactions: John Locke
Or- you could just use NLD which will allow FCC power all the time, even in Europe. And you can also activate the “boost” mode for 1.8W of pure, unbridled joy that will quadruple your CE low power range. Go NLD!
quadruple your CE range?? Do you have any real results that you can show to back this up?
I have used this boost, and yes there is some improvement, but 4X is a bit of a stretch and im comfortable in calling you on this.
always happy to be proven wrong on this

yes I use the NLD it is better with the mods but not 4x better

I'm not referring to the "FCC" mod. I'm referring to the 1.8W boost that was just released. It is 4x the power of the FCC Mod. Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 3.19.21 PM.jpg

wow, 9km is very impressive. There is no way i can get near that in isolated area, let alone near built up area. I really struggle to work out how some get such big ranges.
Apart from that 9km away is prob way further than id be comfortable with anyway. Im not sure if my little dude would handle an 18km round trip. How much battery did you have when you got it back?

I'm not referring to the "FCC" mod. I'm referring to the 1.8W boost that was just released. It is 4x the power of the FCC Mod. View attachment 76875
What is SC boost? Are you referring to a NoLimitDrones setting? 9km is 5.6miles, which is great. I've gone 4.5mi with a windsurfer in FCC mode.

What is SC boost? Are you referring to a NoLimitDrones setting? 9km is 5.6miles, which is great. I've gone 4.5mi with a windsurfer in FCC mode.
It is the NLD “Boost” setting for the M2 series they released about a week or so ago. It improves upon FCC. NLD is the best $45 you can spend on your drone if you are in a CE region. You can boost it well beyond even FCC. No need for a windsurfer.

2.4 and 5.8 ghz are the 'open spectrum' worldwide (why WiFi uses them as well) like others have said just outside of the USA (not just Europe) you get lower power settings on them.

5.8ghz - Higher bandwidth = better quality, rubbish penetration of solid objects though so distances are not as good when in areas with obstructions
2.4ghz - Lower bandwidth = lower quality, but much better penetration of objects (why Microwaves use this frequency) and travel much further distances because of it

NLD, Does work, tried FCC mode and the 1.4-1.8 boost modes, all deffo better in the built up area around me, wouldn't want to say how much better, and if it uses more battery on either the SC or Drone, but hey. The modes are in there from DJI so must be 'safe to the hardware' and are rather disabled due to violations in broadcast standards rather than the hardware can't do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan