DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dual XGPS150A & Ipad & DJI Go

snappy1

Reactions
My Ipad Air 2019 does not have built-in GPS. I do own a Dual XGPS150A that I can connect to my Ipad by Bluetooth. What I can't get it to do is to display maps in the DJI Go app. I installed an app named maps.me, which is an offline mapping program and I can get a map with Wifi turned off but still can't figure out how to make this work with DJI Go. Any advice would be appreciated.

DJI Go4 uses Mapbox, I don't believe you can substitute in a different mapping software.

Once at the location , you can just hotspot the Ipad to your phone then disconnect it again once the relevant map has downloaded

My Ipad Air 2019 does not have built-in GPS. I do own a Dual XGPS150A that I can connect to my Ipad by Bluetooth. What I can't get it to do is to display maps in the DJI Go app. I installed an app named maps.me, which is an offline mapping program and I can get a map with Wifi turned off but still can't figure out how to make this work with DJI Go. Any advice would be appreciated.
This is a known issue with iOS GPS and GO 4. It won't recognize the GPS in the iPad, whether through an internal cellular antenna or an external BT GPS. Why are you posting a GO 4 issue in the Mavic Air 2 thread, where the MA2 can only use the Fly app, or are you also having the same issue with DJI Fly and the MA2? Please clarify.

My bad. I meant to ask this question about the DJI Fly app for my Magic Air 2.
Thanks for clarifying. I assume the issue is the same. DJI hasn't fixed it for GO 4 so I am not surprised that it is also unfixed for DJI Fly. It is an issue with DJI flying apps not being able to access the GPS in Apple devices for location. It also prevents setting the home point to the RC/tablet location on iOS devices. The workaround is to keep manually resetting the home point to the current location of the aircraft instead, when the pilot is moving, and the drone is trailing close by.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin