DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dubai

netprophet

Reactions
I am just completing my 2nd round the world trip in 10 months. Currently in South Africa. I plan to go back via one of the gulf states, probably Dubai. Does anyone have any recent experience of Drones there? I heard from another Drone pilot on my recent flight that they don't permit it to be taken into the country even, although transiting through the airport is okay. Is this correct?

FYI: on the journey around the world I filmed in:-

Spain,Germany,Washington DC, Las Vegas ( the strip) Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles, Hawaii, Japan, China, Vietnam, Thailand,Singapore,The Maldives, Sri Lanka, The Seychelles and South Africa.

My FB page is :- ' Travelling to Work"

Still learning all about my Mavic2Pro

Reactions: CJH92474
No problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
Propellers take off, and carry separately (in another bag)

Reactions: Hauptmann
hello there,

How did it go for you? Im going there this week and i have not applied for the DACC. I will not be flying there but i will stay 2nights, i dont wish that my mavic gets seized.

Because of the uncertainty I didnt go in the end... being seized isnt a realtistic outcome, because I would simply refuse to enter the country without it. Having circumvented the world twice in one year, I realise that its the outbound airport that you have to concern yourself with. They often dont care much.. and have no idea ( at security) where you are travelling to.... when arriving there are no checks.... So go ahead... I will be going there at the end of year..

If flying Emirates, you will probably have to put your drone into checked baggage.
The batteries will still go in carry on bag.

No need to take the drone in the luggage. I always spend in hand luggage.

hello there,

How did it go for you? Im going there this week and i have not applied for the DACC. I will not be flying there but i will stay 2nights, i dont wish that my mavic gets seized.

I'm good. I celebrated the New Year well. He flew mainly in the dark in order not to attract attention.
I also managed to register my drone. He flew carefully so that no one saw or heard, far from people. It is possible from the roof of the hotel when it gets dark.
A couple of times took off from the territory of construction sites, they are huge there and some where there is no fence. A lot of villas open for viewing, took off right in the afternoon from the back yard where there are no cameras.

The drone can be carried with itself without permission, if something can be registered directly at the airport. I didn’t need it, but I didn’t fight with customs.

Use to take my drones and batteries in and out of UAE every 2-3 weeks, no probs unless bigger lipos over the allowance.
Be careful where you fly due to UAE privacy laws. I flew at the Abu Dhabi model club, where it was permitted

Use to take my drones and batteries in and out of UAE every 2-3 weeks, no probs unless bigger lipos over the allowance.
Be careful where you fly due to UAE privacy laws. I flew at the Abu Dhabi model club, where it was permitted
Yes. In Abu Dhabi, I did not dare to fly. There drones are generally prohibited for non-locals. Terrorists are afraid.

No need to take the drone in the luggage. I always spend in hand luggage.

I was going off recent changes in their policy, several photos of Emirates check in counters have also had no drone signs posted.

This is from their site . . .

This happened after a YouTube idjit flew a Spark or something IN the cabin of a flying Emirates plane . . . there's always one that will ruin it for all the others.

Interesting they do have the one lipo fitted in the drone ok for checked baggage.
I would just take all batteries in cabin though, who wants a lipo fire in the hold if they are on the plane !!

I was going off recent changes in their policy, several photos of Emirates check in counters have also had no drone signs posted.

This is from their site . . .

This happened after a YouTube idjit flew a Spark or something IN the cabin of a flying Emirates plane . . . there's always one that will ruin it for all the others.

Interesting they do have the one lipo fitted in the drone ok for checked baggage.
I would just take all batteries in cabin though, who wants a lipo fire in the hold if they are on the plane !!
There are standard shipping rules.
Battery contacts must be isolated.
Batteries should be transported in special fire-resistant covers.
And usually no more than 4 pieces. Although I was transporting 5, spreading them in different pockets, and the fifth was as a powerbank

There are standard shipping rules.
Battery contacts must be isolated.
Batteries should be transported in special fire-resistant covers.
And usually no more than 4 pieces. Although I was transporting 5, spreading them in different pockets, and the fifth was as a powerbank

All other airlines I have travelled on in recent years allow the drone in cabin.
You don't need lipo fires resistant bags on any aircraft, including Emirates.

okey so the customs did not say anything about the drone in your hand luggage?
Nothing. Dron and batteries carried in hand luggage and there and back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje